Grow with CannaLabs Sciences! CannaLabs Sciences is a full-testing analytical lab in London, Ontario and is looking to hire an analytical chemist. Our new laboratory is equipped with the latest top-of-the-line instruments including GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, ICP-MS, UPLC and GC-FID.
An Analytical Chemist position is immediately available. We are growing and looking for looking for a highly motivated individual to join our analytical team. Applicants must be able to work independently without supervision. This position will report directly to Director QC/QA.
Strong candidates will have either a Bachelor or higher degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related areas with strong knowledge of analytical, bioanalytical and separation sciences.
- Prepare analytical samples and assay reagents according to established procedures.
- Hands on implementation of advanced analytical methods, physical and biophysical characterization techniques such as GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, ICP-MS, UPLC and GC-FID.
- Execute and perform testing as per methods, following the company’s Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines.
- Perform equipment and instrument calibrations according to establish procedures.
- Stage samples and work packages for release into the laboratory for testing.
- Perform basic physicochemical testing such as but not limited to Appearance, pH, Osmolality, Conductivity testing, Extractable volume, Reconstitution time and UV testing.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every aspect and all results are entered into the electronic Laboratory Information System or the Client’s Certificate of Analysis before submission to the QA reviewer.
- Report and Assist in the failure investigations as instructed.
- Record findings in standardized format, keeping all records and analyst note book in good order.
- Record data in timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor of science or higher in chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, pharmaceutical analysis or relevant field.
Experience: 1 + year experience working in academic laboratory, cannabis or pharmaceutical industry and ability to work within a laboratory setting.
Ability to design/execute complex analytical studies, independently.
Visual Acuity to conduct visual inspection for color, clarity, opalescence and particulates.
Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
Ability to work well with others & independently.
Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
Works well under pressure.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with CannaLabs Sciences!
Job Type: Full-time