Love your job!
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity?
DAVIDsTEA is a Canadian based company with its headquarters located in Montreal. In ten years, we’ve opened over 200 stores coast to coast, with plenty more to come. The sky is the limit! We’re best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, and modern design and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products. Our company is making tea fashionable and fun, and we pride ourselves on offering the best possible service to our customers and a positive work environment for our employees.
About the role
We are looking for a Controller to join our finance department!
The Controller will be a key member of the team and work hand in hand with the Finance Manager. They will be in charge of the strengthening of internal control, be responsible for compliance, internal reporting and treasury management.
Sounds like you? Keep reading…
- Evolve and maintain accounting system and general ledger architecture;
- Preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances;
- Drive the monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained;
- Close books monthly within 7 calendar days supported by balance sheet reconciliations and PL fluctuation analysis;
- Preparation of monthly cash flow;
- Analyze product margins and ensure cost accounting system records weighed average cost properly. Initiating and driving continuous improvement in all finance related activities;
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial reports for management;
- Research technical accounting matters, and prepare recommendations with respect to accounting treatment and the related journal entries;
- Establish and perform procedures for managing payables and cash disbursements;
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls that are audited under SOX;
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting;
- Supervise 5 accounts payable clerks to ensure accurate and timely production of all financial information;
- Supervise 2 payroll clerks and oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner;
- Supervise the inventory cost accountant - driving and coordinating periodic cycle counts, and counts at our 3PLs;
- Review all monthly or quarterly sales tax filings for both Canada and USA;
- Prepare for and manage financial statement audits, including tax provisions and coordination with external auditors;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Helping to drive the external reporting process including quarterly report on form 10-Q and annual report on form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Assists in other filings that may arise;
- Draft financial statements and related note disclosures under IFRS;
- Manage insurance and banking;
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
So are YOU our next Controller?
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or Equivalent, CPA an asset;
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in accounting;
- Outgoing & team player;
- Must be very organized & able to multi-task;
- Autonomous & Self –starter;
- Detailed oriented;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel;
- Business driven person with Management skills.
Sound good? Then join us in our mission of making the world smile— one cup at a time.