Researcher / Writer
Food is the central character at Gusto Worldwide Media – the world’s leading producer of native 4K food content. Our objective is nothing less than a re-invention of food television and we need the right person to help us bring our recipes to life. We are looking for a creative researcher / writer who is detail-oriented, takes pride in their work, and has a passion for food.
- Assist in the development of new series concepts, and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Research story content, locations, and characters for series
- Research, develop, and write recipes
- Work with the kitchen on recipe testing
- Write scripts, including the host’s dialogue
- Maintain detailed research notes
- Assist marketing department with writing and research as required
- Write episode summaries and series descriptions as required
- Write proposals, bios and digital support content as required
- Other duties as required
- Finely-honed writing skills
- Proven ability to research using credible sources
- Awareness of what goes into a great recipe
- The ability to multi-task and thrive in a creative team environment
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role is based in Ottawa and offers competitive compensation. If you enjoy a challenging and always changing work environment, we want to hear from you!
You must submit 2 relevant writing samples with your resume to be considered for this position.
Please send your cover letter, resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org