Waste Connections of Canada,the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America, is looking for an experienced Outside Sales Representative.
We are looking for an innovative, creative, and proactive individual capable of creating change and driving results.
Competitive Base Salary + Commissions!
Summary of Functions:
The Outside Sales Rep (Account Manager) will prospect new business while providing excellent customer service and retention skills to maintain an existing book of business. Utilizing a consultative selling approach the Account Manager will match prospect’s needs to Waste Connections services and with a goal to secure long-term partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop list of prospective accounts and key contacts
- Cold call companies in proximity of clients to build business.
- Customer retention with existing customer base with upsell opportunities
- Must demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Enter intelligence gathered into our ARES system for future follow up
- Meet or exceed sales activity goals for new sales on a monthly basis
- Professional presenter; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self esteem
- A minimum of four years sales experience with proven results.
- Post Secondary education with Business Administration Degree is considered an asset, but not mandatory
- Completion of sales courses in Strategic Selling and Sales Negotiation will be considered an asset
- Excellent written ,verbal and listening skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of ARES, Salesforce, or comparable CRM tool is a plus.
- Good numeracy skills to estimate pricing and calculate margins.
- This position requires frequent driving must be able to pass an MVR check
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Most work is performed in a field environment. (e.g. making sales calls or onsite visits at customers).
- May require walking periodically throughout the work day.
- Frequent driving is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary plus monthly UNCAPPED commission
- Comprehensive benefits package
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Account Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cold Calling: 2 years (Preferred)
- B2B Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Funnel Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce/ CRM: 1 year (Preferred)