Overall site management for a large 260 unit residential condominium complex. Successful applicant will possess strong organizational and problem solving abilities, demonstrated initiative, combined with excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail. This is a full-time position which will require supervision of an assistant manager/caretaker.
· Make daily inspections of common property (interior/exterior), locker rooms, parkades, report and/or deal with any problems.
· Maintain log of daily issues/occurrences.
· Ensure pool and hot tub are kept clean and balanced and sauna, change rooms and washrooms in the recreation building are kept clean and tidy.
· Ensure garbage rooms are kept clean and tidy including hosing down and power washing routinely when required.
· Ensure building entrances are kept clean and tidy.
· Complete 2 security checks daily and ensure all exits are locking properly and that doors are not propped.
· Remove litter as required.
· Replace burnt out light bulbs as required.
· Daily Mechanical Room and Electrical Room checks to ensure pumps, motors, compressors, hallway ventilation are operating correctly.
· Monitor visitor parking and arrange for towing of violators as required.
· Check overhead parkade gates to ensure they are functioning properly.
· Monitor cleaning service and observe/record/report any deficiencies.
· Regular janitorial cleaning of common areas in buildings
· Keep lobby areas and bulletin boards tidy.
· Work collaboratively with contracted cleaners to ensure all interior areas are kept clean and tidy.
· Keep parking areas clean and tidy between scheduled pressure washer cleanings.
· Supervise and direct the activities of the Assistant Site Manager/Caretaker
· Ensure the site office is staffed between the posted hours of 2 pm – 6 pm Monday through Friday
· Maintain a schedule of all planned maintenance, servicing and other activities for which the Site Manager/Caretaker is responsible
· Liaise and coordinate trades people for common area repair and maintenance and maintain a log.
· Ensure that all equipment maintenance and systems servicing is being performed on schedule and documented
· Maintain a list of owners, residents, suite numbers, parking stalls, storage lockers, etc.
· Maintain a key safe for owners and residents who choose to deposit a suite entry key
· Report any insurance/liability issue immediately to Property Manager.
· Book building moves, including hanging/removing elevator pads, issue rubber mats, checking for damage and ensuring building security is not compromised
· Update Enterphone directories as required
· Ensure residents comply with building bylaws, report vandalism or problems to Property Manager immediately.
· Deliver notices, minutes as required.
· Complete minor building repairs and do routine painting touch up in the common area, etc to be completed as part of maintenance duties.
· Clean up any spills/problems .
· Carry cell phone and respond to emergencies 24/7 from 8:00 am Monday to 6:00 pm Friday.
· Administer the booking of the Social Room by residents including handling of refundable deposits and inspection after use of the Room
· Administer the sale of plastic laundry tokens to residents, including accounting for same and delivery of monies to the Property Manager
· Keep snow/ice clear of ramps and entrances, apply salt /shovel sidewalks.
· Maintain an inventory of all Strata Corporation equipment and supplies.
· Maintain a petty cash fund for small purchases and keep accounts of the same.
· Respond to Owner complaints (only relating to common property or an emergency).
· Assist with obtaining quotations as required.
· Other duties as required by the Strata Corporation reasonably from time to time consistent with Caretakers duties and responsibilities.
Experience & Qualifications
· Considerable and demonstrated experience in building maintenance and management is essential
· Pool Operator Certificate preferred but not essential
· Must possess strong attention to detail
· Excellent organization skills
· Ability to manage people and situations effectively and diplomatically
· Must possess initiative and exhibit a strong sense of pride and ownership in fulfillment of duties and responsibilities
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent