Easy Health Centre (EHC) is a dynamic downtown community teaching hospital—a great place to learn, work and grow. We are a community of Many Faces with One Mission — which speaks to the diversity of the people that we serve and those who serve with us.
We are situated in a picturesque location overlooking Lake Ontario and adjacent to High Park. Working here means more than having a job. At Easy Health Centre, we are committed to fostering a healthy community for all and dedicated to being Canada’s Best Community Teaching Hospital. At the forefront of dynamic changes within the healthcare industry, we are a community of staff, volunteers, and physicians working together in a climate of mutual support that enables healing and the fulfillment of human potential.
EHC Group currently requires an extremely knowledgeable and experienced Purchasing Supervisor to oversee our purchasing activities from Asia. We welcome people who enjoy challenge and want to add value to company's success to join us. Your commitment and expertise will be recognized and valued as we work together for our professional and business success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all purchasing for facilities and equipment from local and new expanding region.
- Analyze current purchasing relationships and develop and foster new relationships with suppliers.
- Refine sourcing policies and procedures for vendors and lead the expansion of procurement consistent with the company's needs.
- Negotiate purchasing contracts and all relevant agreements with suppliers and distributors.
- Ensure contract terms are met and address any deficiencies. Handle claims and insurance issues that arise.
- Create a detailed purchasing plan and relevant policies for health care markets by evaluating demand, quality, price, transport and other issues.
- Identify, recommend and implements change to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitors scrap and rework data.
- Collaborate with sales and product teams to determine specific requirements for facilities and equipment.
- Oversee inventory levels, sales demand, inventory shelf life, and available warehouse space.
- Prepare and monitor the monthly, quarterly and annual purchasing budget. Work directly with senior management on budgeting based on historical sales records, total costs and prospective value, as well as future growth projections.
- Work with quality control department to inspect current suppliers and screen new suppliers.
- Direct and oversee the logistics team’s purchasing-related activities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or above
- 5 or more years’ experience in purchasing industrial products from Chinese suppliers.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a purchasing management position.
- Strong knowledge and experience with contracting practices, contract negotiations, and related laws and regulations
- Proven project management skills, developing action plans from strategic initiatives, and driving results through accountability
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to energize and build consensus with staff, peers, and direct report
- Extremely familiar with the Chinese industrial products market.
- Existing network with industrial products suppliers in China.
- Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin to effectively communicate with Chinese suppliers.
- Strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Familiar with MS Office and inventory management ERP software.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $49,140 to $52,780
We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. However, only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals or phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time