About Trophy Foods Inc.
Trophy Foods is Canada's leading supplier of high quality edible nuts, dried fruit and confectionery products. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality products, at the best value, through our direct channel of global grower relationships.
Trophy Foods Inc. is Canadian owned and operated with over 40 years of experience in serving our customers. We produce edible nuts, dried fruits, confectionery and bulk foods under our Trophy brand. We also work with grocery retailers, mass merchandisers, drug channel, and food service customers across the country to create and produce a wide variety of private label branded products.
Perks of working for us:
- Midnight Shift Premium
- Immediate Full-Time Status
- Paid breaks
- Benefits after 3 months
- Vacation available after 3 months
- 5 Paid and 5 Unpaid Emergency Days immediately
- Social events, and a great place to work!
Overview: The Lead Hand is responsible for overseeing the performance of a Production team that relates to work orders execution, materials flow (raw materials, supplies, finished goods), people scheduling, and organization, training, accurate and on time start up’s, re-works, and productivity controls. Strong leadership and communication skills along with organizational skills are required.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General Operation
- Monitor the accurate execution of the work orders.
- Communicate the plan for the day to the team as required.
- Ensure all products have an Inventory Tag.
- Process reworks and damages.
- Follow GMP’s, HACCP, and Health and Safety policies.
- Monitor dry material inventory and finished goods creation accuracy within the production area.
- Maintain up to date training for all roles within the team so as to effectively be able to train and/or relieve team members as required.
- Coordinate returns from Production Plant to Warehouse.
- Ensure standards for General Housekeeping and cleaning of the area are maintained.
- Conduct employee training as required in new procedures and implementations.
- Support process improvement and change management.
- Health & Safety
- Set an example for all employees by working in a safe manner, abiding all H & S policies and procedures and using proper PPE.
- Provide orientation and training to all new and/or transferring employees in reference to the specific hazards of the job, controls and protection.
- Ensure all employees adhere to safety policies.
- Ensure all employees are provided with appropriate PPE, in good condition and worn properly.
- Correct any unsafe conditions immediately and/or stop work, and arrange necessary service or maintenance.
- Report and investigate all incidents/accidents resulting in injury, property damage and/or near misses.
Experience, Qualifications, and Educational Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in multifaceted production environment dealing with high speed machinery and a multicultural work staff environment.
- Working knowledge of the production management systems, Outlook, Work and Excel.
- Health and Safety Certification preferred.
- Standard First Aid /CPR Training preferred.
Accountabilities for Success:
- Collaborate and partner with others through actively building positive and productive relationships, working to understand different viewpoints, and treating people of varying backgrounds and perspectives fairly and respectfully.
- Communicate ideas and information in an effective manner by listening, demonstrating understanding, readily sharing information, and keeping appropriate parties up to date.
- Take initiative to understand and produce results aligned to department priorities, and accept responsibility for performance and results.
- Identify causes of problems and develop solutions to make effective, timely decisions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Trophy’s vision and mission. Understand how individual decisions and actions impact the needs of the department as well as overall corporate goals.
- Almost continuously engaged in one or more physical activities simultaneously, occasionally required to sit.
- Eg. Walking, lifting and carrying heavy objects that weigh around 13-25kg or more, reaching with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to stand in one position.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposure to factors such as humidity, noise level over 85dB and moisture which will cause frequent periods of discomfort.
- There is regular exposure to factors which carry an extreme risk of accident or illness which cannot be eliminated from the job.
- Overtime as required.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses (talk, listen, read) used in co-ordination.
- Ability to apply common sense to problems involving mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplication, and dividing and written or oral instructions.
- There is noticeable pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Bullying or harassment in any form will not be tolerated.
- Speak with a supervisor if the work or the environment is causing mental stress.
Trophy Foods Inc. has created policies and procedures to meet the required Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. If you require any accommodations, please let us know how we can best meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Lead Hand: 3 years (Preferred)