Are you looking for a chance to be part of something big, something meaningful, something important? How about keeping our vital transportation infrastructure — our necessary roads, highways and bridges — safe for B.C. families and businesses!
Dawson Road Maintenance operates a diverse fleet of specialized equipment using the latest in technology, including GPS-tracking backed by real-time weather forecasts. From winter snow to avalanches, mud slides or washouts, we work hard to make sure our highways are open and safe for the travelling public.
In this role you will be a valued member of Dawson Road Maintenance, working in a temporary, full-time position of Winter Equipment Operators, reporting to the Superintendent of Roads. This position requires an experienced operator to meet company production objectives and work within specified tolerances. There are currently vacancies in Lillooet, Clinton, Gold Bridge, Bridge Lake, and Ashcroft B.C. and will require some travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Must Prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Ability to efficiently operate heavy equipment in all weather conditions
- Operate heavy equipment on public roadways in a safe and appropriate manner
- Follow direction of the Superintendent and Foreman with regards to daily production schedule and activities
- Maintains a daily activity of work in progress and status of completion
- Maintain proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment
- Complete all work reports and maintenance logs
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum two (2) years of road maintenance and/or construction experience
- Valid Class 1 or 3 Drivers license is required
- Two (2) years commercial driving experience is an asset
- Experience in snow removal is considered an asset
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements
- Heavy Equipment Operating Certificate an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
Apply now to start the conversation!
Job Type: Temporary
- Ability to operate equipment in all weather conditions?
- road maintenance: 2 years (preferred)
- Commercial driving: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 1 or 3 Drivers Licence (preferred)