Are you ready to be a part of something bigger? At EV Logistics, our people create our success!
EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our work atmosphere is safety-focused, supportive, collaborative and performance driven. We're committed to continuous improvement and the growth of our employees, with programs that support learning, engagement and career advancement.
EV Logistics is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Coordinator to join the team. This individual will work closely with the Inventory Control and Quality teams.
What You’ll Do:
- When product quality at arrival does not meet the appropriate standards, communicate recommendation to reject the purchase order immediately to the buyers for possible alternate disposition
- Oversee continued administration of the Food Safety Standards including ensuring processes and procedures are followed as intended, proper documentation is completed, and audits/inspections are scheduled. Planning to be SQF certified
- Participate in the weekly conference call with Warehouse Manager, sister companies and buyers
- Compile records for reporting vendor performance at the branch on quality and service levels and participate in vendor reviews when required
- Assist the Warehouse Manager with the development and review of product quality specifications
- Work with Warehouse Team Leaders and Inventory Control regarding any inconsistences with inventory or rotation (FIFO)
- Provide subject matter expertise in regard to quality control related process, procedures, and thought processes. Strengthen the link between strong quality control processes and a positive experience for our Retail Save On Foods, and ultimately the end consumer in our stores
- Other duties as required
Who Are You?
- A lifelong learner who has a Bachelor's Degree in Food Science and Technology, or a related field, or equivalent amount of relevant experience. Food industry experience strongly preferred
- A growing professional with 2-3 years of direct involvement with Food Distribution being seen as an asset
- A subject matter expert with knowledge about Shipping/Receiving/Loading in a grocery warehouse setting being considered an asset
- You will have experience in HACCP, quality assurance and good manufacturing practices, SQF.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook), or be excited to learn
- An excellent communicator who has a focus on utilizing both written and oral communication skills both with your team and within the management team
- A flexible team player who is available to work evening and weekend shifts; because any day can be a Friday with the right frame of mind!
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)