Traffic Safety Officer Liaison
Employment Opportunity – Term Position
MLTC is seeking an energetic dynamic individual to fill a four (4) month term position, with possibility of term extension, as the Traffic Safety Officer Liaison for the Department of Justice.
The Traffic Safety Officer position is responsible for promoting SGI Programs, coordinating, collaborating and enhancing community safety and awareness to member First Nations. This will assist in the development of strategies in the area of personal road/traffic safety and prevention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development, implementation and maintenance of traffic safety programs specific to indigenous communities and targeted community groups throughout Northwest Saskatchewan.
- Supports program development and implementation by using proactive approaches aimed at achieving a change in culture and behavior around traffic safety issues in Northwest Saskatchewan. This includes communicating program/project plans and delivering presentations to various stakeholders.
- Utilizes traffic safety tools and performs event setup for corporate, community, and media activities and programs.
- Education and Awareness workshops will be provided and targeted to support youth between the ages of 18-24.
- Complete required midyear and yearend service reports and
- Other duties as requested by the Supervisor.
- Two-year diploma from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study such as Business or Social Sciences.
- Experience working with youth is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of The Traffic Safety Act and related Regulations
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, personal/professional integrity, and responsibility.
- Possess strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills; and event coordinating skills.
- Excellent public speaking/presentation skills (able to do presentations in front of large groups of people).
- Aware of FN governance systems; programs & services with respect to protocol, structures and procedures.
- Informed about Cree and Dene cultural values, customs and beliefs; able to speak Cree/Dene is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and/or within a team environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to travel extensively.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, a valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Christine Derocher, Senior Director of Programs @ (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: MLTC TSOL
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary