Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Regional Distribution Centre Manager, the Assistant Manager, RDC is a crucial team player within Canopy Growth’s Supply Chain and is highly organized with proven team building and leadership skills that thrive in a fast-paced environment. For this open position, the primary objective for the Assistant Manager, RDC is to ensure our inventory of semi-finished and finished goods are accurately accounted for and controlled in compliance with the Cannabis Regulations along with our inventory of merchandise and accessories. Your comfort with technology, complemented by your excellent people skills and a hands-on approach, will enable you to add value to our team. Our ideal candidate will have proven inventory control skills, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment, team building and leadership skills, will take pride in being detail oriented and is compliant with Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and all other SOP's involved in daily operations.
- Ensure safety and productivity of all team members.
- Provide and maintain training for new and existing staff to develop a strong and diverse team.
- Provide, maintain and enforce ongoing SOP training and Compliance related practices.
- Coach team to provide continuous workflow in a professional, team-oriented manner with emphasis on quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Report non-conformities and positive milestones to manager.
- Develop professional and congenial rapport as liaison between your team, other teams associated with the group and management.
- Assist Manager with daily duties as required.
- Organize and lead inventory counts.
- Compile inventory reports.
- Complete reconciliation of inventory after counts are completed. Ensure inventory movements are adequately reported in the system. Investigate discrepancies and implement corrective actions.
- Participate in Continuous improvements initiatives.
- Ensure all inventory is stored in compliance with warehouse best practices and the team is aware of the importance of good organization, space constraints and efficiency practices.
- In conjunction with the Regional Distribution Manager, develop site budget and KPIs and manage ongoing operating performance against plans.
- Along with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, ensure full compliance with Health Canada regulations.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards are up to Ontario code. Investigate issues and implement corrective actions.
- Working with HR, ensure staff is properly trained and that personal development plans and backup plans are in place for key personnel.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new production employees with HR assistance. Ensure adequate training is provided to all existing and new employees.
- Mandatory attendance is required during the quarter and year-end inventory counts.
- Other duties as required.
- 5 years’ relevant warehouse/inventory leadership experience.
- Experience with inventory systems and processes, managing product inventory and troubleshooting discrepancies and problems (cannabis and/or pharmaceutical experience is considered an asset).
- Understanding of warehouse processes and ability to supervise the process.
- Strong problem-solving skills to resolve distribution challenges.
- Strong technology skills, including Microsoft-Office, G-Suite, ERP systems, RF wireless handhelds, report preparation and multi-channel communication.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate and use assigned equipment and machinery.
- Ability to work Days, Afternoons or Overnights as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls, Ontario and may require shift work.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.