Build a meaningful career
At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Counsellor - Critical Incident Response (group debriefing)
Trauma Services Support, Employee Support Services
Winnipeg, Brandon, MB (or anywhere in Manitoba)
Morneau Shepell Trauma Services Support is available to our organizational clients of any size and industry. We successfully support hundreds of organizations each and every month with traumatic event management. We provide on-site meetings for those impacted designed to normalize reactions and minimize post-traumatic stress.
Reporting to the Manager of Trauma Services, you will be providing Critical Incident Response to Morneau Shepell's organizational clients.
- Provide Critical Incident Response to our organizational clients;
- Work/travel to an on-site location;
- Manage the administrative requirements as dictated by Morneau Shepell’s Trauma department.
Succeeding as a Critical Incident Response Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in counselling, psychology, or social work;
- Professional association membership or registration with a college, and valid professional liability insurance;
- Minimum 3 years post-graduate counselling experience with multiple populations;
- CISM, CISD training or EMDR certification is an asset;
- Experience providing group debriefing;
- Ability to convey sensitivity, professional manner and effective approach when facilitating interventions within the corporate environment;
- Flexibility to respond to client needs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with excellent time-management and organizational skills.
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.