Who is Bird Canada
Powered by Bird, Bird Canada Inc. operates an electric vehicle sharing program. Bird Canada is a Canadian-owned and operated company that offers Canadians, and visitors to Canada, a new way to avoid congestion and get around that is affordable and uses the latest and most innovative last-mile mobility solutions for urban areas.
At Bird Canada, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. Our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around Canada for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey.
Do you enjoy being outdoors?
Do you want to do your part to help the environment?
Do you want to be a part of the electric scooter revolution?
We have the perfect job for you. We are looking for Bird Watchers! As a Bird Watcher, your primary responsibility will be cruising around town on a Bird scooter, making sure that Birds are available and safe to ride for people in your community. There will be times where you will be requested to pick up, drop off and redistribute Birds in your service area.
Bird Watchers are passionate about making cities easier to navigate. This team works closely with technology to monitor, rebalance, and maintain Bird scooters in the market to ensure a safe, reliable and available ride is always nearby. It is a dynamic role that offers a breadth of activities and responsibilities that shift based on the fluid needs of each city Bird Canada serves. This role is key to helping grow and maintain Bird’s fleet and directly impacts millions of riders who rely on its services.
- Use Bird Canada’s mobile technology to identify operating areas requiring attention.
- Inspect respective service areas and identify vehicles which need to be repositioned or to undergo maintenance
- Operate scooters to attend to operating areas requiring inspection, move and monitor Bird’s fleet
- Collect and rebalance scooters in designated popular destination points.
- Move improperly parked scooters back to suggested parking areas.
- Perform light field repairs and field diagnostics to aid the upkeep of the fleet.
- Collaborate with other teammates as well as work autonomously.
- Coordinate with fleet associates to aid in collecting and rebalancing scooters.
- Be a brand ambassador and positively exhibit/share safe riding practices with the community.
- Working outdoors in all conditions.
- Flexible availability and willingness to regularly work on weekends.
- Passion for Bird Canada and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Can-do attitude with the agility to quickly change tasks as required.
- Must be comfortable using technology (smartphone) & basic hand tools..
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass motor vehicle record check.
- Strong knowledge of your local geography or the ability to learn.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds up to 3 feet off the ground.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment.
Culture at Bird Canada
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the word
Bird Canada stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird Canada is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.