Sodexo Healthcare Canada is seeking an experienced individual to fill the dynamic role as a permanent Casual Dietary Aide and join the team supporting patient food service operations at Berkley Care Centre. The Dietary Aide role is open to a variety of shifts including days and weekends. Training is provided.
Salary: $16.00 per hour during probationary period and $17.15 per hour post probation.
Your role as the Dietary Aide includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure that assigned items are prepared according to Sodexo menu standards and following established recipes.
- Ensures that sanitation meets or exceeds standards (Client, Health Department and Sodexo) Prepares food for Client and Resident services.
- Prepares, serves, delivers & picks up meals as per service style of the facility Ensures proper food handling and storage techniques are followed.
- Assists with the programming of leftovers Maintains high staff morale at all times by setting a positive example.
- Performs role safely by:
- Learning the safe way to perform the job
- Performing each task in a safe manner using equipment provided, following instructions and established procedures
- Reporting all injuries and hazardous conditions to management immediately
- Supporting the Safety Program in the unit Other tasks, duties and assignments as directed by the supervisor, manager or lead cook
Who You Are
- Minimum grade 10 education
- FoodSafe I certification
- Previous food handling and 1-2 years of experience in a health care environment is an asset
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- English proficiency, verbal.
- HACCP, WHMIS training.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, detail oriented
- English proficiency, verbal and written
- Requirement upon hire:
- Current vaccinations records (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Hepatitis A & B, Tuberculosis, Measles, Yearly Influenza (Flu))
- Valid criminal record check through Ministry of Justice
- Have the ability to meet the organizational and physical requirements of the position
- Black slip resistant shoes
Who We Are
Recognized as a strategic partner, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 80 countries, Sodexo serves 75 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed through over 50 years of experience. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its more than 425,000 employees throughout the world.
Our Commitment to You
- Extended health benefits offered
- Personal and professional growth possibilities
- Incentive plans and employee appreciation events
- Variety of work perks
- Training will be provided for all tasks
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Corporate Citizenship
- Hunger Fighting Initiatives
- Environmentally Conscious
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.00 to $17.15 /hour
- Food safe level 1 (Required)