Primary responsibility is to arrange timely delivery of materials based on production schedules while maintaining inventory levels.
- Manage parts supply including problem resolution
- Analyze supplier releases to ensure adequate production materials
- Coordinate expedites of production material from suppliers as needed in support of established production requirements
- Coordinate engineering changes and build schedules with suppliers and production
- Identify potential inventory discrepancies and work closely with Materials manager
- Communicate all material supply discrepancies to suppliers and appropriate salary personnel
- Assist in all inventory activities
- Work closely with Production and ensure clear communication of materials situations
- Track and co-ordinate dunnage to supplier
- Responsible for cycle counting
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of vendor scheduling and releasing with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an automotive/manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of FCA Systems; Blue Zone, QAD Supplier Portal, FCA Group E-Supplier, FCA Production Centre
- Knowledge of transportation, customs and freight tenders.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline (i.e.) Business Certificate or Business Degree
- Excel/Word proficiency.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental standards including the Occupational H&S Act
- Adherence to Company Policies & Procedures
- Achieve departmental targets as set by the department manager
- Follow customer specific requirements as well as all guidelines in accordance with latest revision for IATF
Job Type: Full-time
- Material Planning: 3 years (Required)