Job Number: 81192
Job: Health Professional/Assistant
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital, Juravinski Cancer Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre, St. Peter's Hospital, Main Street West Urgent Care Centre, West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
Organization: Quality & Value Improvement
Status: Temporary Part-time
Hours per week: 18.75
Union Code: OPSEU 273
Minimum Salary: 31.3071 Biweekly
Maximum Salary: 43.2426
Post Date: Apr 3, 2020, 3:23:40 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Apr 30, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
We currently have a number of opportunities available at Hamilton Health Sciences.
The Respiratory Therapy departments within HHS are teams with highly specialized skills and expertise intended to meet the respiratory needs of the diverse patient populations served by the multiple clinical programs and Regional Programs for South Central Ontario.
Depending on the specialized site, areas of responsibility include providing specialized care to the neurosciences, trauma, medical, vascular, surgical, oncology, GI, burn populations and Emergency. In addition to supporting these specialized units, the Respiratory Therapy department addresses the respiratory needs of patients throughout the sites. Select members of the Respiratory Therapy department partner with physicians and RN's as members of the site RACE team. The RRT is also a key member of the Code Blue team. The Respiratory Therapy department utilizes a multidisciplinary and collaborative team approach dedicated to the principles of patient-and family-centered care.
Schedule Work Hours
days, nights, weekends, holidays
This position is temporary until August 2020.
1. Graduate of an accredited program in Respiratory Therapy
2. Current General Registration, in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO)
3. Successful Completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care (CBRC) exam
4. Valid BCLS and ACLS certifications
5. Recent 2 years experience (within the last 2 years) within an adult critical care setting
6. Recent RACE experience preferred
7. Recent hyperbaric experience and/or training preferred
8. Demonstrated skills and ability in ECG interpretations, pressure monitoring, airway management and mechanical ventilation
9. Demonstrated proficiency in adult oral endotracheal intubation, adult arterial blood gas sampling, and adult tracheostomy management and care
10. Demonstrated knowledge of the respiratory care, support and critical care management of adult critical care patients
11. Demonstrated knowledge and maintenance of respiratory, resuscitation and anesthesia related equipment
12. Demonstrated ability to perform venipuncture and vascular access
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement