Unique Industries, Inc. doing business in Canada as Unique Party Favors is a family-owned business with over 50 years of industry experience. When you work for Unique, you get all the perks of larger corporations, such as a RRSP, generous paid time off, and more. However, the difference between us and a larger corporation is that here at Unique, we are family. Your CEO and management team are involved in day-to-day operations and make sure that each location sees how much they are appreciated through annual company picnics and holiday luncheons. So if you're looking for a job that is exciting, rewarding, and team-focused - then apply today! We would love to have you come join the party.
About Our Opportunity
We are seeking a Sales & Marketing Intern to work in our Canada office in Brampton, ON. This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support across all areas of the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Maintain and update monthly sales reports for reps and key account chains.
- Prepare New Item Quote Sheets as specified and required by retailers.
- Receive calls and emails from perspective customers, send them company information (catalogue packages, credit applications) and advise the Sales Representatives accordingly.
- Prepare Planograms (utilizing the Planogram PC).
- Work closely as a liaison with our sales force to accommodate the buyer’s requests, i.e., check listings, pricing, sku information, etc.
- Coordinate with the US team to create/update new catalogues for Canadian programs.
- Market Research Projects (as required).
- Update key account info as they relate to new programs.
- Pull sample requests for both customers and sales reps.
- Keep showroom up to date with the newest items.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge in Photoshop and Microsoft PowerPoint is a plus.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel required. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Post-Secondary Education and/or Sales & Marketing College or University degree preferred.
- One to three years related experience and/or training.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship / Co-op
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday