Production & Material Planner
Production/ Manufacturing/ Material Planning
Moncton, New Brunswick
Do you want to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is an industry leader in our field? Greystone Energy Systems Inc. is dedicated to developing high quality and innovative solutions for its customers with unsurpassed customer service.
We are growing and looking for a motivated Production & Material Planner to join the Operations team working in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Objective & Summary
- This position is responsible for the planning, creation, scheduling, release and receipt of production work orders/jobs in support of daily manufacturing operations and customer sales order fulfilment.
- This position is also responsible for the timely release of all sales orders for picking and shipment to customers.
- The objectives of this position are to plan, schedule and support the timely completion of production work orders to meet customer demand and to assist in the planning and ongoing maintenance of sufficient Finished and Raw Good Inventory levels to meet corporate Sales Order Commitment Targets.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily review of customer sales orders received and the coordination of related production job requirements utilizing a computerized material requirement planning (MRP) utility.
- Responsible for the creation of production work orders/jobs in SYSPRO.
- Responsible for the loading, creation and publishing of Production schedules using APS software.
- Responsible for the review and timely closing of production work orders/jobs in SYSPRO.
- Responsible for the review, release, and dispatch of all Sales Orders in SYSPRO.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned month end processes.
- Assist Materials Manager with the planning, setting and ongoing maintenance of minimum, maximum and safety stocking levels for Finished Good (FG) and Raw Good (RG) inventories.
- Assist Sales, Production, Purchasing & Materials Managers with the forecasting and planning of production and materials to support seasonal demand, new product introductions (NPI) and special sales promotions.
- Assist Materials Manager with the definition and implementation of material planning procedures and policies.
- Assist with Operations, Production and Materials Management department process improvements and lean initiatives.
- Assist with the accuracy and ongoing maintenance of SYSPRO item master information for all active SKU’s.
- Assist with the identification and disposition of slow moving and obsolete materials, including the coordination of vendor annual returns, returns for credits and the rework/transformation of existing stock.
- Assist with inventory cycle counts.
- Assist with inventory management initiatives to ensure quality, on time delivery and cost objectives are achieved.
- Assist Sales, Purchasing, Quality and Accounting staff with the timely resolution of production job and sales order issues and discrepancies.
- Assist with definition, development and maintenance of Production Scheduling Systems and production work order/job tracking utilities; working with Operations, Manufacturing Engineering and Production resources.
- Additional duties as required
Education, Training & Experience
- College Diploma in a Business, technical field, supply chain management and/or High School Diploma with a minimum of two years Production and Material planning experience.
- Experience working with a computerized production and material planning (ERP/MRP) system.
- Experience working in a manufacturing operation.
Preferred Skills and Competency Requirements
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Strong numeracy skill and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Demonstrated competency with MRP/ERP systems; SYSPRO preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with Production Planning Systems, APS/SYSPRO preferred.
- Experience with Manufacturing Executing Systems, MOM/SYSPRO preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret Bills of Material (BOM’s), mechanical drawings, product specifications and material requirements.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office Suite; MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Preference will be given to applicants that can prove a successful track record.
Please provide at least three (3) reference names and email addresses of people who are very familiar with your skills, abilities and experience. All references will be contacted for successful candidates.
Only those who will be considered for the next step of the application process will be contacted
Applications should be forwarded to Jodi Mattatall, HR Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Materials Management: 1 year (Preferred)