Vista is the premier hospitality management company of the Americas. As owners and operators of hotels, Vista has carved a remarkable story of success. Vista encourages employee growth as a contributing factor to both the success of the individual as well as success of the team. Vista owns and manages several properties throughout Eastern United States and Canada.
Radisson Hotel-Sudbury, one of Vista Property Management’s portfolio of hotels, is looking for local candidates with prior Sales Manager and Catering Sales experience to perform duties in the Sales Department and support the operation of the hotel.
Sales Manager & Catering Sales
The Radisson Hotel is located in the heart of Sudbury's downtown central business core and is attached to the Rainbow Center which boast an impressive office tower and a diverse shopping Centre. The hotels surrounding area thrives with government offices and a variety of professional services. Radisson Sudbury Ontario offers the services to help our guests get work done or to unwind relax, with a heated indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, and full access to World gym Fitness Center.
This is the ideal location for hosting meetings and social events in downtown Sudbury. Radisson Sudbury hotel provides flexible, well-appointed meeting and banquet space for 12 to 600 people. The newly renovated hotel is placed among vibrant shops, restaurants, attractions, and nightlife - all within walking distance.
We are seeking out a truly outstanding "Sales Manager" that has a take-charge attitude and delivers 100% guest satisfaction for this first-class hotel operation.
In addition, this Sales Manager will be responsible for Catering sales. A catering sales manager targets and coordinates catering sales efforts. The job involves initiation and development of quality leads to ensure growth of catering sales.
Sales Manager Requirements:
The following requirements are essential to be considered a qualified Sales Manager candidate for this position:
- Conducts targeted account research in assigned territories to determine potential
- Pro-actively solicits and qualifies existing and new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals. This will be done through sales calls, trade shows, promotions, inquiries, telephone contacts and sales trips
- Strong outside Sales effort required
- The Sales Manager responds to sales leads and clients requests within 24 hours
- Prepares and customizes proposals to meet client’s needs. Delegates contract details to Sales Coordinator for preparation.
- Prepares and tailor-makes sales presentations for prospective clients.
- Produces, in conjunction with the Director of Sales Marketing and other team members, the annual Business Plan.
- The Sales Manager produces and implements quarterly action plan to achieve weekly activities quotas and annual revenue goal.
- Analyzes current and potential market trends, coordinates all activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business volume and increased rates.
- The Sales Manager meets and greets in-house meeting planners where appropriate to ensure total customer service and improve CEI Scores.
- Conducts sites tours for clients. Entertain clients in-house or in restaurants near client’s offices, and at approved social functions.
- Plans and executes sales trips to major market areas.
- Attends major travel functions to promote sales for the hotel.
- Attends all sales and public relations functions within the hotel.
- The Sales Manager prepares weekly plan reflecting sales production and activities
Sales Manager Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years sales experience in a Hotel or related industry.
- Post-secondary degree in tourism or business management.
- Experience in SMERF market is an asset.
- Proven sales performance experience in meeting and exceeding sales revenue goals.
- Proven track record of sales success with catering sales.
- Recognized Sales designation is an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of guests, employees and management.
- Excellent organizational, computer, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide outstanding guest service.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)