Bureau Veritas is looking for a Sample Preparation Technician in Whitehorse, Yukon Territories.
Pay premium of $1.89 per hour will be provided.
Reporting to the Sample Preparation Manager, the Sample Preparation Technician will be responsible for performing sample preparation of mining samples including crushing, pulverizing, sieving of rock and soil samples. This role will perform sample inventory, login, and general labor activities.
As a Sample Preparation Technician, your responsibilities are:
· Receiving, login, crushing, and pulverizing of client mining samples.
· Prepare geological samples by crushing, pulverizing or sieving according to Standard Operating Procedures without deviation unless authorized by the Manager.
· Ensure fast and accurate processing of incoming samples in priority sequence Identify and communicate procedural non-conformances with the lab manager.
· Scan crushing / pulverizing QC checks and equipment used and boxes to the next station upon completion of pages, as required.
· Perform and document quality checks during sample preparation according to SOP and halt production upon consultation with the Supervisor where non-compliant.
· Comply with occupational health and safety legislation, BV Group Policies and Procedures, Upstream Minerals Management System Policies and Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the position.
· Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
You are an ideal Sample Preparation Technician if you have:
· Minimum completion of high school diploma.
· Experience using heavy equipment an asset.
· Strong organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
· Able to perform physically demanding tasks and repeated lifting handle weights of up to 40 lbs while on shift.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will Leave your mark in shaping a world of trust.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift