DTS Technical Inc. is one of North America’s premier engineering and implementation firms serving the telecommunications industry. We offer comprehensive benefit and competitive salary packages.
In accordance with DTS procedures and policies, the employee is responsible for the installation and implementation of newly deployed equipment, communication and power cables. In addition, the incumbent must be able to obtain and understand information for these scheduled changes from documentation, floor plans, cable run diagrams and cabinet elevation drawings.
We have a number of positions available in Barrie, Toronto Central, Mississauga, and South Western Ontario regions.
- Installation of data centre equipment, including unpacking, rack mounting of equipment
- Rack/cabinet installation, removal, prepping of rack/cabinet to accommodate new equipment/cable
- Installation, including placement, connector install and connectivity testing of RG59 Coax, Cat5 and Cat6
- Installation, connection to devices and testing of telecom fibre
- Installation of DC power cable, lug and panels
- Fibre raceways, cable ladder, and conduit pipe, support and unit installations
- Meeting with clients to discuss project scope and strategies
- Conducting field surveys/attend site meetings as required
- Inputting project as-built information
- Performing occasional maintenance window cutover shifts for service and power (00:00 to 08:30)
- Working with our technical services team to ensure that services provided are consistent with, and in most cases exceed, service commitments made to customers
- Perform other duties as required
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
Relevant and preferred post-secondary training programs:
- Electrical Engineering
- Telecommunications Program
- Knowledge of data centres, equipment, architecture is a great asset
- 1-2 years of experience doing field work in the telecommunications, electrical or construction industries is an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude: experienced in using various hand and power tools
- Ability to interpret technical material and plans
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power, power distribution and power protection
- Intermediate understanding of network cables (fiber and copper) and connectivity experience
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
- Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors own quality of work
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have valid G license and own vehicle, as site work is required in and around the GTA
- Customer Focus
- Commitment to quality
- Organizational skills
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Team Player
- After-hour and weekend support may be required
- Heavy lifting
- Requirement to travel to customer sites in and around the GTA and occasionally outside the GTA (primarily South-West Ontario)
DTS Technical Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Technical reserves the right to contact only those candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities. Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent