Do you have experience in highway and heavy civil construction? Do you want to be a key individual in a company with a long history of BC roadbuilding, a diverse fleet of equipment and resources to draw from, with the opportunity to make a difference and opportunities for growth?
Emil Anderson Construction (EAC) Inc. is a family run business that has offices and shops in Kelowna, Hope, and Rosedale, BC. Operations include road construction, paving, highway maintenance, site development, land development and housing.
We are seeking a Construction Layout Surveyor who is looking to jump start their career in the civil construction industry. If you are a positive, people-oriented individual who is looking for a permanent, full-time position then this job is the right one for you!
- Manage and perform various survey tasks as required;
- Interpret engineered drawings;
- Perform various staking methods of road and development construction including slope and grade stakes;
- Perform topographic surveys of original ground and other surfaces;
- Perform asbuilds of installed structures;
- Measure and record field data accurately with a high level of detail;
- Communicate effectively with Supervisors and Project Managers on a daily basis;
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner and understand the importance of working in a safe work environment;
- Compile and complete reports;
- Perform other labour duties as required.
- Successfully completed or working towards their geomatics/survey diploma or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of two years of relevant field experience;
- Experience working with Total Station and GPS equipment;
- Experience working with Trimble survey equipment including SCS900 and Trimble Business Center;
- Civil 3d experience is considered an asset;
- Have a strong work ethic and works well in a team environment;
- Be willing to travel within the province for work;
- Natural ability to solve problems, communicate clearly and effectively;
- Enjoy working outdoors in a fast paced and challenging environment;
- Valid Canadian driver’s license, with a clean driving abstract;
- Physically capable of walking on uneven terrain, climbing slopes, and carrying 20 kilograms;
- Local candidates are preferred.
Emil Anderson offers competitive wages, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan in addition to a challenging and fun work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Surveying: 2 years (Preferred)