Bouclair Home offers a friendly and stimulating work environment. Focusing on creativity and innovation,
Bouclair will accompany you through your professional accomplishment.
Our Marketing team is growing and is seeking new talent for the CONTENT AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
position at our corporate office located in Pointe-Claire.
CONTENT AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
The Content and Social Media Specialist reports directly to the Head of CRM and will be responsible for the
creation of brand-appropriate, compelling marketing communications for online initiatives and populating all
social media channels. He/She will act as an ambassador to create and maintain commitment to the brand. The
incumbent is involved with both internal and external communications, as well as responding to online requests
from customers. The Content and Social Media Specialist is also responsible for overseeing the entire e-
commerce copy workflow process as well as ensuring the promotion of our brand, meeting business objectives
and user goals. He/She is responsible for posting all content to the various social channels based on optimal
posting times, monitoring the channels for comments and reporting on all the different initiatives.
- Writes highly-effective and targeted external marketing communications and emails, primarily in
English, demonstrating creativity, passion and customer engagement.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Team to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and
advertising initiatives and to develop the editorial content for the website.
- Develops and posts content daily, implementing social media tactics and managing and increasing the
company's presence on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and the internal employee app) by
organizing contests, promotions and strategies.
- Writes descriptive product copy and title descriptions for products on the website in situations where
the external writers are unable to, or if they must be written immediately.
- Ensures that all creative, editorial and product copy is representative of the brand.
- Responsible for the creation and upkeep of social media schedules, including conception, creation and
publishing of posts across all channels.
- Collaborates with Merchandising Teams to develop appropriate product features and seasonal product
descriptions and to resolve any issues with product descriptions.
- Works with Online Graphic Designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and
- Writes and edits web-based and digital content for Bouclair’s website.
Social Media Content Management
- Helps establish initiatives across social media channels, including but not limited to: story development,
content creation, scheduling posts, boosting posts and launching.
- Coordinates all social media content, ensuring all necessary components (copy, artwork, landing pages)
are prepared in a timely manner.
- Responsible for responding to customer comments and complaints on social media channels.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Customer Service departments to solve customer issues.
- Interacts/establishes a relationship of trust with the community on different communication channels
and networks in order to create and maintain a loyalty to the brand.
- Listens to feedback, understanding the audience and using feedback to attract new customers and
retain existing ones.
- Serves as company thought-leader on Social Media engagement.
- Initiates and manages execution of Social Media influencer partnerships.
- Creates reports and analyzes data bases on Facebook Insights, Instagram Statistics, Google Analytics,
etc. to provide insights for both short and long term planning for channel growth.
Skills & Competencies required:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or e-commerce.
- 2 years’ experience as a Social Media coordinator or specialist, preferably in retail/eCommerce.
- Knowledge of social media management tools (Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram for Business,
Pinterest for Business, YouTube) and trends (hashtags, URLs, back linking, etc.).
- Understanding of retail industry is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is an asset.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects
and diverse audiences.
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation in English.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms for business (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest,
YouTube, Wordpress Blogs) and social media ad placement tools and reporting tools (Facebook Ads
Manager, Iconosquare, Google Analytics).
- Solid organizational skills, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Bilingualism preferred (English/French).
Does this position align with your ambitions? Don’t waste any time! Send our HR team your resume at
Bouclair in a few words…
Established in Montreal, Bouclair is a privately owned company and a lifestyle brand offering home fashion
decor and furniture at affordable prices. Distributed in its own retail stores across Canada and online, the
products are designed locally by an in-house team of designers and showcased in a coordinated manner creating
a unique style to help customers visualize their completed rooms.
Headquartered in Montreal, the company operates stores across the country, employing over 1,200 people. The
company offers a full omni-channel shopping experience – customers have the choice of shopping in stores,
online or through its call centre.