The Finance Manager DC Operations will be the Commercial Finance business partner to the SVP of Supply Chain, collaborating with VP’s of Logistics and General Managers of our Distribution Centers. The Finance Manager will focus on business partnering, strategic decision support, financial controllership and cost reduction. Leading a team; this role will partner with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts. The manager will also lead long term strategic planning, annual planning, variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews, and ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
1. Manage the annual budget process by setting overall targets with the above mentioned business partners and drive consistent application of FP&A process across these departments. Partner with these teams to prioritize spend and capital investments against their strategic objectives and ensure that they deliver against their efficiency, leverage, and investment return goals.
2. Manage performance and hold the business teams accountable to delivery of P&L results through the cadence of the monthly/quarterly forecast and business review process. Proactively analyze key trends, identify risks and opportunities, and recommend plans and contingencies to support the business teams delivery against annual financial targets.
3. Support the DIRECTOR, Omni Supply Chain & Support Services Finance in optimizing total Supply Chain spend for the 3YR plan. Partner with the business to develop and implement operational building blocks to deliver against the long term goals. Influence the business on enablers required to deliver against the goals and proactively partner on identifying alternatives based on known risks or gaps.
4. Finance lead for any enterprise wide strategic projects that fall into the Supply Chain remit (e.g. End to End Supply Chain)
5. Lead development of business case drivers (aligned with methodology from Property Finance team) for all Logistics initiatives that support functional and business unit level strategies. Prioritize Capex and Opex investment through ROI analysis combined with strategic importance to overall portfolio. Partner with Property Finance team to conduct post implementation review of key investments to ensure business delivers against objectives and recommend course correcting activities as required
6. Ensure delivery of robust capital management process for Supply Chain activities to drive capital efficiency, including key LCOM projects to improve DC/Transportation productivity metrics.
7. Recruit and coach a team of finance professionals providing mentoring and development opportunities.
8. Drive associate engagement by valuing associates, listening and responding to concerns, recognizing and rewarding accomplishments and providing opportunities for growth and development.
Canada Walmart Division
Minimum Education required: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years
1-3 years of managerial experience Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred, CPA or other Finance designation
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Skills Strong leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills – ability to influence and partner with VP/SVP business leads Result oriented and critical thinking – high sense of ownership
Strong organization skills, able to meet conflicting deadlines in stressful environment
Proficient to advance level: SAP, Essbase, Powerpoint
Solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes.
Knowledge Experience working as the Finance lead for a commercial area of the business
Experience working in a fast paced, global and results-oriented environment
Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
Broad interest and/or experience in the retail industry
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.