Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
A Distribution Specialist at the Regional Distribution Centre is a key function within the Canopy Growth Supply Chain team. The Distribution Specialist executes all distribution tasks including receiving, picking, labeling, packing and shipping orders in a timely manner. Our ideal candidate will be reliable, hardworking and will take pride in being detail oriented. Warehouse experience, especially material handling equipment (Crown) experience, is considered an asset.
- Work in a safe and productive manner
- Perform repetitive production line work including labeling and packing of orders
- Learn and follow SOP training and Compliance related practices
- Work in a professional, team-oriented manner with an emphasis on quality in a fast-paced environment
- Work with automated labeling and packaging equipment
- Ensure all goods are accounted for correctly and efficiently throughout the process
- Participate in maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Must be able to work a variety of different shifts
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Background
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to safely operate and use assigned material handling equipment and automated machinery (training will be provided)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
This is a full-time position based out of Smiths Falls.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.