One Company. Hundreds of Products. Endless Possibilities.
Mitten products are backed by Ply Gem — a 70-year leader in pioneering performance home exteriors. Ply Gem is North America's leading manufacturer of exterior building materials, including windows, siding, stone, and 40 other categories.
Ply Gem employs over 20,000 people with 80 manufacturing and distribution sites.
We provide the nation's residential builders, remodelers and architects with access to a comprehensive range of building products. From new construction to repair, remodel and replacement, our full line of windows, doors, siding, stone veneer, and fencing and railing products provide quality and value for all types of projects.
We’re all about you – finding out what you need; responding to your questions; helping get the job done right. After all, we don't succeed until you succeed. Ply Gem operates under one simple belief – that building your success starts by building your trust. That's exactly what we've been driven by – earning our customer's trust since 1943.
We provide the expertise that only experience can bring and the dedication that fuels your success. How do we do it? Through service, distribution, reliability, selection, innovation and sustainability.
The Help Desk Support Technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware within the Canadian Cornerstone Building Brands organization.
The Help Desk Support Technician reports directly to the Manager of IT Infrastructure and Support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide second-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems for both internal and external users. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Manage PC build/deployment processes and PC life-cycle.
- Provide coverage of first-level help desk support.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Support System Administrator with Windows Based server management, operation, and maintenance functions as well as operation and maintenance of VM Environment (VM Ware, Hyper-V).
- Manage Windows Active Directory structure and accounts.
- Manage corporate Application level security.
- Manage backups of all data including company databases.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Minimum 3+ years IT Helpdesk/ desk-side support experience
- Strong proficiency with:
- Advanced trouble-shooting of all Microsoft Windows O/S and application suite.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and or SCCM
- Deployment and usage of software/application packaging toolset
- Computer hardware (Dell, HP, Mac) configurations and support
- Xerox and Ricoh printers and copier systems support
- Mobility devices (iOS, Android, Windows) support
- Experience with the Office 365 suite of applications
- Working knowledge of networking concepts including DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, SMTP
- Management of Microsoft Active Directory
- Windows Server Operating Systems support.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Strong and effective verbal, written skills. Able to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to details.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated experience of being team-oriented and collaborative.
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL methodology is required
- Experience working with varieties of Incident management solutions.
- Related IT certifications is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Help Desk: 1 year (Preferred)