EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Grocery Store Manager Trainee
Fort Chipewyan, AB
Staffing Process Number: ACFN/KTM-2019-013
Have you ever dreamed of returning to Fort Chipewyan, Alberta to live, work and play in the territory you once called home? Look no further! Whether you are local or not, the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN) has an amazing career and training opportunity for the right candidate to join the K’ai Tailé Market (KTM) as Store Manager Trainee.
KTM is a new full-service grocery store located in the beautiful hamlet of Fort Chipewyan and is owned and operated by ACFN. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, relocation and housing assistance to the successful candidate.
- The Store Manager Trainee will be responsible for the daily operations and profitability of the store according to the set goals and business objectives. Daily operations include staff scheduling, product quality assurance, inventory management, safety and sanitation of the store, supervision, financial accountability, inventory/price control, customer service, merchandising, and human resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- One to three (1-3) years of Store Manager or retail experience is preferred.
- Training may be provided to an ambitious and self-motivated candidate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or a combination of education, training and experience may be considered as an alternative to a university degree or a high school diploma.
- A university degree in Business Administration or a related field is an asset.
- Experience working with First Nations.
- Experience managing human resources is an asset.
- Experience in supervision is an asset.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple priorities.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationships in a diverse workforce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and own or access to a vehicle.
- A clean 5-year driver’s abstract.
- Willingness to travel.
Salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are invited to upload a cover letter and résumé, quoting Staffing Process Number: ACFN/KTM-2019-013.
Closing Date: The job posting will close once a suitable candidate is found.
Note: Candidates who have previously applied do not need to apply again, your resume will be included for consideration.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are a member of the following employment equity group: Indigenous people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, status or non-status, Inuit or Métis).
Marsi cho/Thank you to all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Working with First Nations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Manager or retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervision: 1 year (Preferred)
- Managing human resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Fort Chipewyan, AB (Preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Preferred)
- Are you an Indigenous Person (FN, Metis or Inuit) (Preferred)
- Are you local to Fort Chipewan, AB (Preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills (Preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple priorities (Preferred)
- University degree (Preferred)
- or High School Diploma (Grade 10+) (Required)
- Willingness to relocate to Fort Chipewyan (Required)
- Willlingness to travel (Required)
- Class 5 (Preferred)
- A clean Driver's Abstract (Preferred)
- Dene (Preferred)
- English (Required)