Part-time Visitor Experience Associate
The Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea, located on traditional W̱SÁNEĆ territory, on the beautiful Sidney waterfront, is a registered charitable organization connecting the public with the Salish Sea Bioregion and its ecosystems through engagement, knowledge and awareness.
We are looking for up to 2 enthusiastic individuals to join our Visitor Experience team in Part-Time roles. In this role, you will be a first point of contact for guests who visit the Centre and will provide exceptional customer service at our retail and admissions/ memberships desk. We encourage BIPOC and persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
- Processing customer transactions through admissions and retail tills.
- Processing end of day cash out (when applicable).
- Providing detailed information on tickets, memberships and merchandise.
- Answering and transferring calls on a multi-line phone system.
- Ensuring the retail space is always clean, tidy and free from clutter.
- Employee & Family Wellness Program
- Store discount
- Free passes for friends & family (once annually)
- Opportunities to learn about the Salish Sea bioregion and meet its inhabitants
- A safe, inclusive and non-discriminatory workplace that embraces all identities
- Gorgeous waterfront location!
- Familiarity with POS systems and cash handling - experience balancing a till is an asset.
- Enthusiastic positive personality geared towards exceptional customer service.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment while maintaining positive interactions with customers.
- Available to work at least 2-3 days per week. Additional shifts may be available.
- Working at least one weekend day is required.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada, be at least 16 years of age
- Willingness to submit a criminal record check prior to starting employment (paid for by us).
Hours: Part-time; shifts are 6 to 7 hours, at least 2 days per week, including at least one weekend day.
Please send resume and cover letter to CJ Kinsella, Visitor Experience Manager. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 14-21 per week
Salary: $17.75 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-05