Our client is looking to hire a Senior System Administrator to join the Toronto IT team. You will be responsible for system improvements and upgrades, the purchase of hardware/software, and configuration changes. You will lead the research, design, planning, implementation, maintenance and support of existing and emerging infrastructure technologies, administer system servers and provide assistance for the support of servers, operating systems, hardware and software issues.
You are results oriented and you have the ability to work independently and as part of team. You are responsible for performing setup, configuration and ongoing monitoring of Office 365 environment. Reporting to the Director, IT Operations, you will be responsible to perform ongoing system maintenance of servers including general server cleanup, system monitoring and patching.
With a passion for giving customers a great experience, you excel at developing and maintaining system-related documentation to facilitate implementation and/or adoption of system changes.
What You’ll Do:
· Maintain internal server infrastructure including Cisco UCS, HP Synergy, VMWare, and Windows and Linux server operating systems.
· Administer the Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Platforms.
· With minimal supervision, assists in the research, design, planning, implementation, maintenance and support of existing infrastructure, and Leads the research, plan, design, implementation and support of existing and emerging infrastructure technologies in a complex environment with minimal supervision
· Experience with management and maintenance of a VMware Horizon VDI environment for 500+ users
· Determines the setup, configuration and maintenance required for new and/or upgraded servers/systems/applications according to industry best practices and/or standards.
· Performs setup, configuration and ongoing monitoring of Active Directory infrastructure (i.e. AD replication/DNS troubleshooting, event log monitoring, OU maintenance, demotion & removal of domain controllers/DNS/DHCP of servers, promote DCs, etc.)
· Performs setup, configuration and ongoing monitoring of office 365 environment (i.e. email monitoring, configuration of security settings, event log and backup monitoring)
· Performs ongoing system maintenance of servers including general server cleanup, system monitoring and patching.
· Track projects and system incidents through to resolution via the IT ticket tracking system and the various IT Logs
· Develops and maintains system-related documentation to facilitate implementation and/or adoption of system changes
· Performs setup, configuration and ongoing maintenance of storage infrastructure (i.e. Nimble, HP 3PAR SAN,)
· Setup and Maintain RHEL 6 and 7 Linux instances
· Take ownership of backup and recovery solution and ensures all necessary systems and data are backed up and can be reliably restored.
· Ensure systems are designed and implemented with High Availability and Disaster recovery.
· Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
· 7 to 10 years progressive Infrastructure admin experience; 6 years or more, with Windows Server/Storage administration, analysis, or engineering
· Senior Microsoft Office 365, design, build, and administration experience.
· Experience with SaaS and PaaS in Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers.
· Cisco UCS and FlexPod architecture support experience
· Experience with storage architecture and SAN technology (Nimble, HP 3PAR, )
· Experience with mid to large size server operations including daily operations and maintenance as well as project based work such as migrations, upgrades etc.
· Experience with MDM solutions such as JAMF and SOTI
· Experience installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and managing server environments
· Proficient with Windows Server (including services – DNS, DHCP, etc.), Active Directory, System Center, SQL, WSUS, etc.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent and conflicting priorities and deadlines
· Good verbal, written, and presentation skills (English)
· Excellent Network architecture and support experience
· Dev-Ops Background preferred
· 3PAR, Nimble and other enterprise SANs, in-depth understanding of storage protocols FC/iSCSI/NFS/ and FC switches and zoning configuration, RAID levels
· Ability to think outside the box and beyond the current solution to identify new and improved solutions – can identify an idea logically, document the overall solution and the technology and successfully deliver the solution
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
· Exceptional and proven technical, analytical, organizational and time management skills
· Excellent customer service skills, with a clear understanding of customer impact and business requirement.
· Extremely developed troubleshooting/problem solving skills
· Exceptionally motivated and technical individual with experience in numerous aspects of Information Technology
· Excellent ability to utilize available tools to effectively obtain results
· Ability to mentor Systems Analyst I as well as other team members through knowledge-transfer
· Superior ability to understand and incorporate new operating systems, applications, etc. from test to production environments
· Demonstrated proficiency using Windows applications (Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, etc.)
· Technical writing including documentation of procedures
· Web and API development experience a plus
· MCSE certification
· VMware VCP an asset
Job Type: Permanent