About Foundation Markets:
Foundation Markets is a private merchant and investment banking firm based in Toronto which focuses on incubating early stage companies and traditional investment banking activities. Our team of professionals provide a consultative approach to building value and delivering creative solutions to clients in across a wide range of industries. Foundation Markets offers a diverse portfolio of investments and services to qualified high-net-worth individuals, institutional investors and corporate issuers.
Foundation Markets team is looking to onboard a number of individuals onto our Exempt Market Dealer platform to assist with selling investment products to qualified individual high net worth individuals, family offices and institutional investors. The position would be perfect for the following prospective candidates:
1) Aspiring financial service professionals looking to build a book of high-net-worth investors.
2) Experienced financial advisors with an existing book of clients looking to expand their product offerings and continue building their client base.
3) Mortgage, real estate or insurance brokers looking to affiliate with an Exempt Market Dealer for the purposes of selling securities to their clients.
4) Financial services professionals with prior exempt market experience who wish to focus on wholesaling products through their seasoned sales channels.
Our firm is equipped with a robust back-end compliance platform that allows dealing representatives to work remotely, and as such candidates from all provinces and territories of Canada are welcome to apply.
When joining Foundation Markets, new dealing representative can expect the following:
- Access to a wide range of prospectus-exempt investment products ranging from private company equity financings and private investments in public entities, to structured products with a focus on yield (REITs, MICs, Private Debt Funds);
- Access to a compliant customer resource management (CRM) tools to enable the dealing representatives to log the information about their investor clients and keep track of potential new investors;
- For experienced professional (real estate, mortgage, insurance), the freedom to maintain ones existing business practice while supplementing service offerings by including exempt market products;
- Access to new investor leads through the CRM system. While Foundation Markets helps dealing representatives by providing fresh leads from time to time, all dealing representative are expected to proactively source their own prospects through various means (networking events, prior relationships, referrals, direct marketing, social media outreach, etc.) to expand their book of business and develop relationships with those firms and individuals;
- To be provided training on relevant compliance systems and procedures such as know-your-product (KYP), know-your-client (KYC), investor suitability assessment, anti-money laundering practices and an overview of provincial/national securities regulations;
- Opportunity to participate in a wide array of financings syndicated with other exempt and full-service dealers;
- Access to value-add services and referrals that the dealing representatives can provide to their clients;
- Support from our corporate finance team with expertise in financial analysis, risk management and investment in providing high level service to new and prospective clients. The corporate finance team will also provide important capital markets research and analysis of private and public markets relevant to the products our firm distributes; and
- The ability to be a part of long-standing tradition dating back over 15 years with a firm that is committed to client service and regulatory compliance as the firm continues to grow.
Compensation for this position will largely be commission-focused and will be based on the level of sales the dealing representatives generate. Each new dealing representative will be provided a commission grid structure depending on their level of experience, area of focus and individual business goals, competitive with industry standards.
- Liaise with leads, registered clients, high-net-worth, institutional, and other sophisticated user-investors for investment sales.
- Build and drive sales through establishing strong advisor-client relationships, referrals and marketing strategies etc.
- Assist with trade processing, including administration of client accounts, cheque requests, and providing closing support by tracking of subscription agreements and supporting paperwork and funds.
- Assist with onboarding of new clients by collecting and verifying KYC information.
- Recommend suitable products to investor clients that align with their financial objectives and risk tolerance.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the firm’s products and those of its strategic partners. Use this knowledge to match suitable products and services with investors’ financial circumstances, needs and objectives.
- Assist in growing Foundation Markets' accredited investor client base and assist with re-establishing contact with some of the past investors.
- Act ethically and honestly and in a manner that complies with industry and company rules, regulations, procedures and policies
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 1-year of sales experience with preference given to candidates with experience in financial services.
- Commitment to client service, proactive approach to understanding trends in private and public capital markets and taking pride your work.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and/or the Exempt Market Proficiency course (EMP). EMP and/or CSC can be taken prior to joining.
- Familiarity with various types of financial products with a focus on exempt market securities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, organized and motivation to build a business, and ability to work with minimal direct supervision; and
- Working knowledge of second and third languages is a plus.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in becoming a dealing representative and your intended area of focus.
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
- Secondary School (Required)