Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX)
Program Manager, ROX
Anticpated Start Date:
Application Closing Date:
Nov 15, 2019
Number of positions available:
We are looking for an enthusiastic emerging leader to join the 'ROX team' !
The Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) at the Richmond Olympic Oval is the first member of the International Olympic Committee’s Olympic Museums Network to be located in North America. A highly interactive and dynamic visitor experience, the ROX features interactive media, hands-on sporting simulations and displays – all of which provide the visitor with the experience of what it’s like to achieve a dream, becoming a hero to millions around the globe. Visit therox.ca for more information.
About The Role
As a Service Representative for the ROX, you are passionate about providing exceptional customer service, and serve as an ambassador for our museum. You will demonstrate leadership and have a high level of energy and enthusiasm. You will be responsible for supervising staff and volunteers in order to ensure the smooth daily operations in the museum.
- Communicate, coordinate and execute schedules and plan in conjunction with the ROX volunteer team and ROX staff team;
- Contribute to booking, administering and monitoring facility bookings, tours, corporate and school groups;
- Assist in staff or volunteer training, preparation, and provision;
- Facilitate in building relationships with members of the community;
- Assist with the planning and execution of programs;
- Assist with registration process and organizes participant information;
- Monitor attendance and safety of all participants and guests;
- Work in a team environment to ensure the guest has a positive experience while at the Richmond Olympic Oval and ROX;
- Manage and ensures the proper use and maintenance of equipment, simulators and exhibits while on the floor;
- Ensure that all volunteers are prepared and organized by leading team meetings before and after shifts;
- Mentor (performs evaluations and gives feedback) and support all volunteers;
- Communicate with Client Service Representatives and other Oval staff to ensure smooth ROX experience for all guests;
- Assist in gathering feedback from guests;
- Note any issues of importance each day and provides feedback to Volunteer Coordinator or ROX Program Manager on a daily basis;
- Provide guests with information about other ROX and Richmond Olympic Oval programs when appropriate;
- Communicate positively and courteously to the public;
- Assist with marketing presentations for schools and other community groups.
- Up to 20 hours per week;
- Available to satisfy flexible work schedule demands;
- Must be available weekends
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include,
- Successful completion of Grade 12;
- Participation or graduation in a recognized, sport or museum related post-secondary program preferred;
- Experience supervising staff or volunteers and providing leadership;
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, including professional and effective communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to organize, and time management skills;
- Punctual, reliable and dedicated;
- Passionate, personable and energetic;
- Valid Standard First Aid, CPR-C and AED Certificate is an asset;
- Must be able to complete a successful criminal record check.
Why join the Oval?
- Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Access to 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, 4 fitness studios, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum.
- 12% in lieu of benefits on top of your hourly rate.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Opportunity to work in various auxiliary positions at the Richmond Olympic Oval to grow your knowledge and experience.
$19.01 per hour (plus 12% in lieu)
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!