The Director of Quality is a key member of the Management Team responsible to implement and drive the Business & Quality Management Systems and processes. The Director of Quality sets the Quality vision and strategy and promotes a culture of continuous improvement. This position develops goals and metrics to support company strategies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and provides direction to the Process & Quality Engineering, QA Lab and Automation teams.
- Establishes objectives, performance goals and metrics that support Company goals and strategies.
- Continually reviews customer requirements making recommended revisions to processes, tools and technology to meet customer needs.
- Coaches and directs the team to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with both internal and external customers, driving improved customer service.
- Provides resources and recommendations for new product launches and new equipment.
- Is adept at interfacing and working with Customers on quality-related matters.
- Participates in customer and 3rd party audits.
- Develops, implements, and maintains documents and procedures in compliance with industry standards.
- Supports system/process improvements in: Engineering, Programs, Purchasing, and Operations.
- Improves the phase/gate process of product implementation and maturity.
- Provides direction for continuous improvement and Lean Initiative projects.
- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- To lead in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy
- Drive ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed
- Must abide by all Health and Safety Rules and have demonstrated commitment to good housekeeping/organizational practices.
- Maintain good working relationships with others.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of the work environment; this includes active participation in company committees, project teams and relevant job training.
- Hands-On work ethic with strong team management style.
- Commit to your self-development goals as discussed with your manager and attend all company-sponsored training
- BS in Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Quality management role.
- Demonstrated successful leadership.
- Working knowledge of AS9100 and IPC requirements.
- Deep understanding of quality improvement tools and statistical decision-making methods.
- Practical experience implementing Lean methods and tools.
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well and coach team members.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- A ‘finisher’ taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
- Experience of designing or implementing a framework of continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
Amphenol Canada Corp. is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity you should advise Amphenol, in a timely fashion, of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Dental care
- Company pension
Job Type: Permanent
- Quality Management : 7 years (Required)
- Director of Quality: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19