RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) is a world-renowned biomedical and hospital research centre. Located in Montreal, Quebec, the Institute is the research arm of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University. The RI-MUHC is supported in part by the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé (FRQS).
Under the supervision of the Research Institute of the MUHC Infrastructure Manager, the Project Manager is in charge of facilitating and managing the construction, renovation and development of projects assigned to him/her.
- Ensures project planning and administrative task completion,
- Prepare a project scope and FTP (Functional and Technical Program),
- Provides preliminary budgetary estimates,
- Consults with relevant users and ensures coordination of consultant firms,
- Coordinates requests for proposal (RFPs),
- Facilitates and manages site coordination until project completion,
- Ensures respect of current procurement rules, allocated budgets, work schedules and quality standards,
- Maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external partners,
- Supervises and develops certain specific projects and infrastructure tasks,
- Develop pre-concepts and specifications plans for construction and renovation projects,
Website of the organization
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or an engineering field such as civil or building,
- Two (2) years of experience in capital project management in an institutional sector,
- Experience with teams of professionals and technicians,
- Knowledge of the laws and codes pertaining to occupational health and safety,
- Knowledge of current laws and regulations,
- Excellent communication skills in French and English, spoken and written,
- Experience in healthcare system considered an asset,
- Ability to work with AutoCAD software,
- Shows imitative and is able to work under minimal supervision,
- A leader with the ability to mobilize resources
- Good interpersonal and organizational communication,
- Focused on results, quality and performance,
- Sense of partnership.
Full-time, one-year renewable contract
according to experience and education
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Available to work all RI-MUHC sites.
To learn more about our benefits, please visit http://rimuhc.ca/en/compensation-and-benefits
THIS IS NOT A HOSPITAL POSITION.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.
Equal Opportunity Employment Program
Le CUSM applique un programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi et invite les femmes, les Autochtones, les minorités visibles, les minorités ethniques et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. Des mesures d’adaptation peuvent être offertes aux personnes handicapées qui en font la demande en fonction de leurs besoins.