Event Sales and Marketing Coordinator
The Alton Mill Arts Centre, a historic property located in Alton Village, Caledon is seeking a full-time Event Sales and Marketing Coordinator who will report to the General Manager.
About Alton Mill: Built on the banks of Shaw's Creek, the Alton Mill is a national-award-winning heritage building that is home to 25 studio artists, the Headwater's Art Gallery, a heritage museum, and unique shops. Combining 19thcentury heritage architecture and industrial-chic ambiance, the Alton Mill Arts Centre has become a coveted wedding and event destination. Besides weddings, many cultural events such as acoustic concerts and festivals are held at Alton Mill throughout the year including an annual Fire & Ice Festival that attracts thousands of people to Alton each winter.
About the role: The Event Sales and Marketing Coordinator (ES&M Coordinator) will report to the General Manager and be a key contact for tenants, venders and event clients. You will leverage your excellent interpersonal skills, top notch customer service standards and polished and creative communication style to provide a consistent brand experience when working with co-workers, clients and venders as well as when creating online content. As an essential part of the hospitality team, the ES&M coordinator will be involved in the planning, pricing, scheduling and execution of events.
Typical duties include:
- co-create the marketing plan with the General Manager and the Marketing Committee
- create and present the monthly marketing plan and content for social media, advertising and e-newsletter(s) under the supervision of the General Manager and Marketing Committee
- make website updates and perform daily social media engagement
- communicate weekly with tenants to keep them informed about upcoming events and to gather stories and ideas to share on social media
- meet with perspective event clients to give tours, advise and help them plan bespoke events
- write quotations and contracts and present them to clients to secure bookings
- liaise with the caterers and other venders who work with Alton Mill to deliver events
- brief the General Manager, Operations Manager and others who need information about upcoming events to ensure that client needs are clearly communicated and well executed
- answer inquiries, take messages and act as the first point of contact for visitors and clients
- act as the continuous point of contact for event planners and clients along their customer journey
- Highly organized
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable using computer programs such as word, excel, etc and maintaining electronic filing systems
- Experience creating and scheduling content for digital marketing platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Ability to create engaging visual content using photography, Canva and other tools
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in customer service
- Hospitality industry experience an asset
- Ability to communicate about the visual arts or a strong motivation to learn about the visual arts
- Ability to work flexible hours as required when special events occur
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required
- Salary plus performance bonus
- 2 weeks paid vacation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
The Alton Mill follows all COVID restrictions and guidelines provided by the local medical officer of health.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- ALTON, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you willing to work flexible hours including occasional weekends and evenings?
- social media: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-02-01