Under the supervision of the Manager, Gateway Operations, the Senior Systems Administrator supports core processing and customer facing applications in multiple on-premise and cloud environments. Regular tasks include patching, monitoring, system builds, application deployments, troubleshooting and triage of system issues.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements.
- Performs software installations, upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages, schedules installations, upgrades, and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Degree in Computer Science or applicable field of study or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in management of Linux and Windows.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with kubernetes.
- Experience with both on premise (hands-on) and cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) administration.
- Willingness to go above and beyond and able to work outside normal business hours, including scheduled and ad-hoc maintenance windows and/or emergencies.
- Strong understanding of Information Security including hands-on experience with security technologies (firewalls, authentication, encryption, auditing, monitoring and alerting).
- Any experience with the following would be useful: Technologies: load-balancing (F5, linux), database platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), httpd, tomcat, java, .NET/IIS, networks incl. Cisco, Palo Alto, Talari, Checkpoint, monitoring incl. Nagios, SolarWinds, OpsGenie, Compliance audits including Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) would be a bonus.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.