The Rooms Division Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspect of Housekeeping, Front Office, & Reservations. The Rooms Division Manager is also responsible for maintaining the standards of guest service in Rooms Division while ensuring set performance targets are achieved. The ideal candidate is hands-on, enthusiastic and extremely customer-service oriented. The candidate should have proven leadership experience in both Housekeeping and Front Office with the ability to adapt in a fast-changing environment. Our ideal candidate will be highly energetic, an exceptional communicator, able to inspire and motivate others and who will be a champion of facilitating a fun, positive and enjoyable workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and monitor Room Division budgets and forecasts.
- In conjunction with supporting rooms leaders and financial department, organize purchases (including capital items) for the Rooms Division to meet the expense budget.
- Assist & guide the Rooms Division management team in resolving guest concerns and complaints
- Oversee and work closely with the Managers regarding hiring, training, performance managing associates.
- Assist in developing of a training manual and update as necessary. Review key performance targets and adjust as necessary. Monitor performance with regards to setting and meeting key performance targets.
- Motivate, train, coach and monitor associates performance to ensure maximum revenue is generated. Ensure associates are informed of and trained on any new policies and procedures. -Ensure guest service standards are consistently maintained.
- Ensure guest service standards are consistently maintained.
- Ensure compliance with Accounting procedures and cash handling policies and customer banking issues.
- Must be able to manage within legislative, budgetary and time constraints on a regular basis
- Must be able to deal with problem solving situations, and make judgment decisions
- Must be able to deal with issues arising from guest complaints (internal and external) in a timely manner using problem solving and de-escalation techniques.
- Prepare rooms division daily reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Professional demeanor
- Commitment to guest service & exceptional cleanliness
- University degree or diploma or Hospitality Management; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years increasingly senior supervisory experience; preferably within both Housekeeping & Front Office.
- Previous experience with rooms forecast and budgets
- Proficient use of Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, Outlook & Opera
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English, written and verbal, particularly the ability to correspond to guest complaints (in person and in written format).
- 8 years Hotel Experience (Preferred)
- Front Office: 4 years experience with 1-2 years management/supervisory (Preferred)
- Housekeeping: 4 years experience with 1-2 years management/supervisory (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00-$64,000.00 per year
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift