Reports To: Director, PMH and PCN Initiatives
Job Summary: The Primary Care Network & Patient Attachment Coordinator oversees the coordination of PCN projects in addition to coordinating the matching of patients who do not have a family physician to family physicians and nurse practitioners accepting patients.
- Participates in the design, prototyping, testing, improvement, and operation of processes, documentation, and tools necessary for the for the Burnaby’s PCN initiatives and patient attachment
Day to Day Activities
- Prepare documents, presentations, and other material as directed by the Primary Care Network Director.
- Coordinates the planning and preparation for assigned initiatives and/or committee meetings, including internal and project committees; preparing and coordinating the required documentation; recording the proceedings and outcomes and managing the work and communications generated.
- Coordinates the compilation of information for internal and external distribution, preparing draft reports and other documents that require an understanding of the activities and plans of assigned initiatives, projects and/or committees.
- Researches and prepares documentation for reports, presentations, proposals and other written materials including writing and editing letters and memos.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholder
- Creates draft manuals, communication briefs, emails and progress updates.
- Participates in planning and coordination of events.
- General research and data collection (surveys, call outs etc.).
- Supports and monitors quality improvement cycles with neighbourhood physicians, leadership groups and with members of working groups as appropriate.
- Prepares monthly reports on PCN progress, problems and recommended solutions to PCN initiatives for the Director, to support regular reporting to local leadership and PCN steering committee.
Patient Attachment Coordination:
- Communicates with family physicians, primary care clinics, local hospitals, and other healthcare professionals and health
- Coordinates patient referrals from multiple sources to primary care providers taking into account matching criteria.
- Oversees liaison with family physicians and nurse practitioners to determine ongoing capacity for accepting new
- Follows up with family physicians and nurse practitioners after patient attachment to ensure process has been
- Coordinates Burnaby’s response to the provincial health connect registry for Burnaby patients seeking attachment with family physicians and nurse practitioners
- Updates and maintains data on patient attachments and generates standard reports.
- Ensures that data is maintained according to privacy
- Coordinates preparation and design of improvement tools and modifies based on
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years recent related experience (preferably in healthcare).
- Understanding of the healthcare system and primary care context.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and the temperament and skills to manage change in a rapidly evolving community health initiative with a significantly compressed timeline.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative, and solution seeking.
- Experience working with family doctors is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan, implement, organize, and problem solve.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and at times handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to work independently, as well as work closely in a supportive capacity with the Director.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health Care: 1 year (Preferred)