Tiercon is an automotive supplier committed to the manufacture of quality exterior and interior trim and bumper systems used as original equipment in the automotive markets. Headquartered in Stoney Creek, the plants have moulding, painting and assembly capability, employing approximately 500 people throughout 4 Canadian facilities, and 1 US facility. Tiercon is seeking a knowledgeable, self directed, experienced and hard working individual interested in the automotive industry as PROGRAM MANAGER at our Stoney Creek facility. This is for Toyota awarded business.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Program Manager would develop and maintain programs from inception through to production.
Your principal duties and responsibilities as Program Manager will include:
Program Manager Qualifications:
- Manage programs (New and Revised) from Customer Business Award to Successful Production Sign off of Launch
- Assemble and Lead APQP team to ensure launch is completed on time, on budget and all Customer and Tiercon Requirements are met
- Supervise Project and/or Design Engineers activities related to your program.
- Provide DFM/DFA best practice / feasibility improvements to the customer.
- Create and Maintain the program APQP binder and orderly filing of engineering drawings, specifications, BOM, change notices and project history
- Co-ordinate and Ensure the preparation of prototype/production sample submission
- Co-ordinate and Ensure through Quality resources that all required dimensional, appearance and laboratory data is properly submitted on a timely basis
- Co-ordinate and Ensure production readiness through Engineering resources on team for facility changes, equipment installations, packaging
- Participate in design and readiness reviews with the customer and support Assembly plants during build events and during launch.
- Manage Sub-Suppliers during launch with help of purchasing and quality.
- Manage tooling suppliers including costing, tool designs, builds, trials and production sign off
- After Launch, support program through Engineering Changes
- Prepare cost reduction proposals
- Review programs for continuous improvement
- Root cause all verbal and written customer concerns during launch
- Participate in costing of new programs
- Provide supplier performance information to the Purchasing group
- Visit customer and supplier locations
The successful program manager candidate will have an engineering degree/diploma, excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience in computer systems (MSOffice, Project, Windows, Macros and Data base), 5 years program management and 5 years engineering experience in an automotive environment.
- Experience with injection moulding, painting and assembly a must.
- Experience with GD&T, ADVP&R, principles of APQP, injection mold tooling
- Experience with automotive exterior plastic a must. Ie bumper assemblies, fascias, top caps, rockers,
- Experience with launching Toyota programs a must
- Must have and maintain a valid passport and be able to travel to US and internationally
- Regular travel required to customer, sub-supplier and tooling supplier locations
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in becoming a Program Manager at Tiercon please submit your resume in confidence.