Smith Group of Companies is seeking a self-motivated and highly detail oriented Logistics Dispatcher for our group of construction, paving, aggregate and trucking companies based out of Brooks, AB. This position is to start immediately.
Based out of Brooks, Alberta, the Logistics Dispatcher reports to the Logistics Manager, and is responsible for various aspects of the logistical movements and documentation process within the group of companies.
· Monitor and control dispatch and movement of trucks and drivers
· Receive Customer orders and schedule deliveries to ensure customer satisfaction and transportation efficiencies
· Schedule trucks as required to meet customer orders while maintaining an efficient operation
· Ability to work under pressure and respond to multiple and immediate priorities and tasks
· Strong computer skills
· Price load tickets and ensure they are input into the Spira Dispatch Program for proper invoicing
· Work on an on-call rotation
REQUIRMENTS / EXPERIENCE
· Knowledge of highway trucking and associated rules and regulations
· Strong customer focus with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships
· Experience with electronic dispatching systems
· Strong team orientated person with the ability to work in a group environment
· Minimum 3 years of demonstrated customer service experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate:
· Competitive wages
· Comprehensive benefits, including Health, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
· A pension plan, including company matching contributions
· Excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more
Applicants are requested to submit a resume, along with salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only suitable and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $80,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- dispatching: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (preferred)