The Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy, Occupation Therapy or Communication Disorders Assistant, under the direction of the Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Pathologist, and/or Psychologist, is accountable for ensuring the delivery of the treatment program as prescribed by the applicable regulated health care practitioner. The Assistant will support the adult and/or pediatric clients to help them achieve their maximum potential. Key responsibilities include carrying out the prescribed treatment program as directed and taught, documenting the clients’ progress, and reporting outcomes to the applicable regulated health care provider.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the following depending on work assignment:
- Implements rehabilitation program with the client as directed by the Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist, and/or Speech and Language Pathologist
- Promotes maximum independence of the client in the home, in the community, and at work to support re-integration into the community
- Implements exercise programs or group exercise classes as directed
- Implements behavioral interventions with the client as directed
- Facilitates and supervises activities of daily living as directed
- Facilitates and implements social re-integration as directed
- Facilitates and implements educational and vocational re-integration as directed
- Facilitates and implements cognitive therapy programs as directed
- Promotes and implements leisure activities as directed
- Attends case conferences and team meetings as required
- Drives client as directed (with valid insurance coverage)
- Understands and implements infection prevention practice
- Participates in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adheres to Bayshore Policies and Procedures
- Participates in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Completes other tasks as requested
Completion of a recognized Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and/or Rehabilitation Assistant College Program. Will also consider a university degree in kinesiology and/or the possession of a RRP or CCRC designation.
Other Skills and Abilities
Enjoy dealing with people and working in a fast-paced customer service environment. Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent manner. Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team. Ability to be self-directed and take direction. Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and proficiency with secure email. Commitment to continual learning. Valid driver’s license.