As a Senior Backend Engineer working for App Annie, you will be a leader in product innovation. You will be part of our specialized team, and will collaborate with product owners and engineering leaders to build out our new first-party data analytics platform.
What you will tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie's brand new Vancouver Office, which is focused entirely on building out its new product offerings, helping to accelerate the growth of my career and of the company's."
Who are you?
- An expert in distributed systems with experience in architecting robust systems, which are fault tolerant and scalable.
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies, containerized applications and architecting clean solutions based on product requirements.
- Has an eye for performance optimization both at a high level and low lowel of the systems.
- Experienced developer of RESTful web APIs for microservices using Twelve-Factor App methodology.
- Highly experienced with Java and/or Scala, as well as web service frameworks, such as Play, Finch or Akka HTTP
- Solid understanding of Databases and knows the benefits and trade-offs of relational and non-relational data storage solutions. Can tune and optimize data pipelines and database queries to support the best possible user experience
- Experience delivering high-quality code utilizing SOLID principles and enterprise design patterns, with emphasis in Cloud Design Patterns.
- Experience with Python a bonus
What should you bring to the party?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
- At least 5 years in software development with a focus on developing rich web applications in a distributed systems architecture.
What do we offer?
- A company that cares about your growth, career aspirations and helping you become a leader in your domain.
- A passionate engineering team with an amazing team culture where knowledge sharing and growth is actively encouraged.
- Daily lunch subsidy, along with monthly transit, and phone plans subsidy.
- A beautiful brand new office in Coal Harbour Downtown Vancouver.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Brazil and more)
- 15 days of paid leave
- Extended health and dental benefits, Gym Subsidy
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, and stock options