Clerk Postal R9
An eligibility list may be established.
Contribute your flair for organization and prioritization
BC Mail Plus operates as a fully cost recoverable program, establishing policies and standards for the efficient management of government mail. Customers include government ministries, boards, agencies, commissions, Crown Corporations, and publicly funded organizations.
As a Postal Clerk, you are responsible for processing mail and written communication (including sorting and bundling documents) in a timely and cost effective manner. Working in a collaborative team environment, you provide superior customer service with a high degree of accuracy. Highly organized and detail oriented, you are a team player with outstanding communication skills and a results-oriented focus. In this role you also safely operate a delivery vehicle to deliver and pick up mail (including loading and unloading of vehicle) at customer locations while meeting delivery schedule deadlines as well as operate a variety of equipment. You work within a team environment and may be assigned to work in a number of different production areas ranging from operating a delivery vehicle, to walking a delivery route, to sorting, classifying and processing mail items to operating high speed scanners and digital imaging technology.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Carola.Slade@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Experience in keyboarding/data entry, word processing, creating spreadsheets and working with standard computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience using operating equipment such as delivery vehicles, mailing machines and electronic scales. Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more years of this experience.
- Experience using personal computers, multifunctional devices (MFD), hand held scanners and high- speed production scanners. Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more years of this experience.
- Experience working in a Warehouse Environment.
- Experience in shipping, receiving and delivery.
- Preference may be given to applicants with service delivery experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with mail (Canada Post or Purolator System) experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class 5 BC Driver’s licence. Note: if you currently have a valid driver's licence in Canada, and if you are the successful applicant, you must acquire a valid class 5 BC driver's licence immediately (without restrictions).
- Exposure to regular travel to other communities.
- May be required to travel in all (reasonable) weather conditions.
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting parcels up to 30kg for extended periods of time.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (BASIC): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.