To be considered for a position, please visit our online recruitment portal at www.vancouverchristmasmarket.com/about/get-involved/job-postings/.
Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver at Jack Poole Plaza, the 10th annual Vancouver Christmas Market (VCM) will open its doors to the public from November 20th, 2019 to December 24th 2019. Tastefully decorated with its rows of charming wooden huts, Christmas trees and bright Christmas lights, VCM provides the perfect setting to celebrate the holiday with its authentic food drinks and unique gifts, and has developed a reputation as “Vancouver’s ticket to the holiday season.”
As VCM will once again develop into the focal point of the holiday season in Vancouver, we require hardworking, dedicated, and energetic team members to create a wonderful Christmas experience for our visitors. If you would like to be a part of our team this season, we invite you to have a look at our exciting job opportunities and apply.
Team Lead Opportunities
We require full availability and a commitment of 40 hours a week during the periods of November 1st, 2019 to December 29th, 2019.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with Guest Service Huts’ services and infrastructure during planning, event and dismantling phase
- Assist with acting contact for VCM guest Services Team for staff engagement
- Assist with setup and decoration, as well as move-out of VCM Guest Services Huts
- Ensure a daily morning check-in with managers and staff
- Contribute to a smooth workflow during peak times and be part of the Guest Services Team
- Complete Office, and staff support duties daily
- Assist with selling tickets to public and ensuring proper scanning for admissions from Online Sales
- Responsible for the opening and closing duties for the Guest Services Team – Key Holder responsibilities
- Respond to online customer service and group sales inquires
- Collaborate with VCM’s marketing team and engage in promotional ideas for Guest Services Huts
- Work closely with VCM management to ensure that issues are addressed and successfully solved within a timely manner
- Liaise with third parties (service providers & partners) on behalf of VCM
- Provide regular event support to VCM, as assigned
Requirements and Selection Criteria
To be considered for a position, you must:
- Be willing to undergo a criminal record check
- Be willing to stand for long periods of time
- Be willing to work outdoors in various climates
- Be willing to inform guests of unique products
- Have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs and stand all shift.
- Have an outgoing, energetic, and friendly personality
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, and
- Have the dedication and passion for Christmas and the festivities and events of the Vancouver Christmas Market.
To be considered for a position, please visit our online recruitment portal at vancouverchristmasmarket.com/jobs. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact successful candidates. Please submit your applications no later than October 20th, 2019.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Box office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)