OPSEU LOCAL 620
JOB POSTING #: 012-014-2020
POSITION: Registered Technologist - Respiratory Therapist – Temporary Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Therapy
RATE: $31.87 - $44.01 per hour
Job Code; 0B002.8
SHIFTS: Shift Work
Assists in the treatment of patients with respiratory problems, sets up, operates and maintains various oxygen, therapeutic gas and mist inhalation equipment, determines most suitable method of administering inhalants and procedures in accordance with doctors' orders, notifies medical and nursing personnel of any adverse reactions, participates in in-service and patient education and responds to cardiac arrests. Performs all duties in accordance with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario professional standards and the Registered Health Professionals Act (RHPA).
1. Perform diagnostic tests, such as arterial blood gas analysis and cardiopulmonary function tests.
2. Initiate, maintain and monitor patients requiring invasive and noninvasive ventilation.
3. Operate and monitor respiratory equipment to administer treatments such as oxygen, oxygen-air mixtures, or medications.
4. Operate, monitor, maintain and test a variety of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
5. Assess patients and perform or assist with interventions such as airway maintenance, arterial line insertions, and intubations.
6. Perform basic and advanced airway management as part of the Code Blue/Pink response team.
7. Assist with transport of high-risk adult, pediatric and neonate patients.
8. Attend all high risk infant deliveries in the hospital.
9. Assist physicians with bronchoscopy.
10. Function as a professional role model demonstrating good interpersonal skills and a commitment to self-growth and development.
11. Maintain current knowledge of best practices and benchmarks for the delivery of services, appropriate research, literature, accreditation requirements, policy and legislative requirements and implementing improvements/changes as appropriate.
12. Comply with organizational policies, procedures and standards.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of a recognized Respiratory Therapy program – 3 year diploma.
2. Current registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario in good standing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY:
3. Knowledge of department, organization and professional standards and relevant legislation; RHPA and Respiratory Therapy Act (RTA).
4. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
5. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
6. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
7. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
8. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
9. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
10. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
11. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for the test/ interview will be contacted.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete OPSEU internal application form.
POSTED: January 9, 2020, 16:00 hours to January 16,2020 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
Reference ID: JOB POSTING #: 012-014-2020
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $31.87 to $44.01 /hour