Do you believe in the power of ideas, possibility, and in building community?
The Alberta University of the arts (AUArts) is looking for an energetic and organized Casual Admissions Assistant to provide front line representation of the Recruitment and Admissions Office to respond to inquiries from prospective students and influencers about programs and requirements.
This is a casual position commencing as soon as possible until June 30, 2020. Hours of work will be approximately 14-21 hours per week.
Alberta University of the Arts (AUArts) is a community of thinkers, shapers, makers and risk takers. We are students, faculty, staff and alumni rich in diversity of culture and thought, challenged to fearlessly explore what moves us, drives us, and implores us to see the world differently.
Formerly Alberta College of Art and Design, we are dedicated to innovative and emerging art, craft and design programs.
Located in the vibrant, culturally diverse community of Calgary, Alberta – our city is consistently ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities (most recently in The Economist 2017) and is adjacent to the spectacular Canadian Rockies.
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President, Student Affairs, the Admissions Assistant is a member of the student Recruitment and Admissions team, with responsibility for supporting the undergraduate application process for students applying directly from high school (including Advance Credit), for the ArtStream Certificate Program, admission to the Bachelor of Design Program, admission as non-degree students and requests to transfer to AUArts. The Admissions Assistant is actively engaged in assessment of academic transcripts, language proficiency requirements and communications with applicants. The Admissions Assistant will also work with faculty and staff engaged in the portfolio review process, ensuring timely turnaround on reviews and decisions.
- Supports the application for admission processes, including acknowledgement of applications, review of applications; coordination and administration of the academic and portfolio review process; correspondence with applicants on status and outstanding documents; maintenance of an admissions wait list; and completion of the transfer credit evaluation process.
- Review transcripts, language proficiency documents, portfolios and statements of intent and other admission documents submitted by applicants and determines their admissibility based on the AUArts admission requirements and policies.
- Supports requests for transfer credit/advance credit evaluation in line with university partnerships and policies.
- Participation in prospective-student on- and off-campus events, including (but not limited to) Campus Tours, AUArts Open House, Portfolio Review Days, Counsellor Updates and Teacher Receptions to provide support and advice regarding admission to AUArts programs.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of AUArts’ programming and opportunities, including those available through Continuing Education and Professional Development, transfer and articulation agreements and other partnerships.
This position offers flexible hours and has limited travel requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Fine Art/Design an asset.
- Experience within a post-secondary environment and/or experience in a customer service role in the field of student recruitment, public relations or marketing an asset.
- Excellent organizational, relationship-building and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet deadlines required
- Knowledge of general office systems, inclusive of advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems an asset.
- Experience with Student Information Systems (SIS) an asset.
As a member of the AUPE bargaining unit (Local 071/006), this casual position pays an hourly rate of $17.34.
How to Apply
> >Please submit applications by clicking on the Apply Now tab at the bottom of this page. The application must include a cover letter and a current CV.
Applications must be submitted in a single PDF document.
Once you have created an account, choose the “Upload Resume” option. You will only be able to upload one file, so make sure all required material is combined into a single PDF document. Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make changes or add additional documents. Please visit AUArts How to Apply page to ensure your application is complete prior to submission.
Review of applications will begin on November 22, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled or the search is closed.
Further information about AUArts is available on our website at www.AUArts.ca.
AUArts is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversity of the institution. We encourage expressions of interest from all qualified applicants for consideration for this or other suitable vacancies although applications from Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
The collection of personal information is for the purpose of determining eligibility and suitability for employment as authorized by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act, section 33(c). If you have any questions about the collection of your information, please contact our FOIP Coordinator at foip@AUArts.ca.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted