UBCO is currently recruiting an energetic, passionate, and creative full-time (35 hours/week) Pizza Cook at our new Picnic location on campus! With the direction of the Sous Chef, our Pizza Cook creates and serves hot, fresh pizza’s made with local ingredients using our stone oven for students, staff, and faculty on campus.
For more information on our food vision and values, specifics on our locations, and information on our Executive Chef Shelley Robinson, check out the link: https://food.ok.ubc.ca/about/
Please note this position is sessional, ongoing each year from September to the end of April (May, June, July, August off). As position is 8 months, monthly salary to start is $2,486.00 ($16.39/Hour)
The set shift from September-End of April is as follows:
- Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays 2:30pm-10:00pm, Saturdays 2:00pm-9:30pm, Sundays 3:00pm-10:30pm. Tuesday & Wednesday always off.
Who are you?
- You are energetic, friendly and deeply passionate about food and dining experiences
- You care about supporting local, great ingredients, transparency and sustainability
- You are excited about working in a fun university setting and building relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- You have the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a collegial and collaborative environment
- You thrive while learning new things and take delight in solving problems
- You are looking for a career to develop into, not just a job. Endless opportunities for advancement with hard work!
- You have a Certificate in cooking from a recognized cooking institution and a Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or willing to obtain one)
- You are excited about working with our new Executive Chef, Shelley Robinson, Interprovincial Red Seal Cook and Chopped Canada Winner!
Why Work for UBC?
We pride ourselves in having a dynamic workplace culture, great pay & benefits and opportunities for career growth. Here are just some of the reasons UBC is one of BC’s top employers and what we offer our food services employees:
- Competitive salary and outstanding benefits
- Generous vacation
- UBC Pension Plan
- Development and training opportunities
- Professional development funds
- Employee meal plan
- Tuition waiver
- Diverse portfolio offering opportunities in many different food services environments
- Flexible working schedule
- Participates in day to day production
- Works the assigned line or station
- Does food preparation work
- Assumes a leadership role at specific station
- Provides training to Second and Third Cooks
- Other duties as required
Certificate in cooking from a recognized cooking institution, Food Safe Level 1 Certificate (or willing to obtain one), Grade 12 education and two years related experience, including cooking in a food services environment with a variety of cuisines and specialty items or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,486.00 /month