Are you interested in joining our game-changing supply chain in Maymont, Saskatchewan? Reporting directly to the General Manager, we are currently seeking an Operations Manager with minimum 5 years of experience in an agriculture environment including extensive knowledge of grain handling.
Key objectives include a safe and healthy environment for everyone at the location; clean, efficient and well-maintained physical facilities; excellent customer service; and positive working relationships with colleagues and business partners.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure adherence to Corporate Health and Safety policies and best practices including compliance with Occupational, Health and Safety requirements, environmental standards and all industry regulatory requirements and grading standards
- Supervise Operations Team's daily activities to ensure grain is graded, handled and stored to maximize blending opportunities and meet sales, shipping and customer service requirements
- Work with Grain Merchants to optimize grain volumes and maximize productivity
- Manage operating expenses within job scope to help meet or exceed operating budget targets
- Coach, manage and mentor direct reports to create a positive and high performance team culture
- Promote effective communications and collaborative working relationships between management, staff and corporate head office
- Ensure all key processes are well documented, conform with best practices and are followed by operations staff
Education, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve business objectives in a leadership position at a Grain Elevator
- Excellent team leadership skills, particularly with respect to coaching and performance management
- Extensive knowledge of physical plant management and grain handling
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with staff, colleagues, farmers and business partners
- Excellent organizational skills
- Five or more years of related experience in an agriculture environment
GrainsConnect offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to grow your career. GrainsConnect is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All inquiries will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- agricultural: 5 years (Preferred)