About the Opportunity: MVT Canadian Bus Inc., proudly operates the conventional and specialized transit service for the City of Barrie from a brand new $22M state-of-the-art facility as part of a 20-year operating contract. The team at MVT is committed to being a company that makes a difference in people's lives by inspiring our employees, treating our customers as part of the family, and making our communities even better places to live.
We Provide Freedom - Community Mechanics Needed. Our Barrie Transit team is seeking full-time Mechanics to perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis, service and repair on Transit Buses, Specialized Buses, Route Supervisors Vehicles and Service Truck to meet Company, Contractual and Ministry of Transportation of Ontario requirements.
- Diagnosing, examining, and investigating to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components with the use of computer diagnostic equipment, pressure gauges, etc.
- Determining proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Maintaining, adjusting, and/or repairing all bus systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational fitness of vehicles.
- Operating buses in order to diagnose component failure or move disabled buses when required.
- Communicating and consulting with all levels of employees.
- Performing related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Ontario Truck and Coach Technician Certificate (310 T)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in preventative maintenance practices
- Possess three (3) year’s driving experience and an acceptable driving record
- Flexible to various shifts including days, weekends, holidays and evenings
- Able to pass a Criminal Background Check
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to work close to home and minimize your commute time
- Challenging and rewarding work providing safe transport to members of the public
- Ability to work independently in a state-of-the-art facility
- A variety of work schedules (we operate 7 days a week)
- Paid training
- Company paid uniforms
- RRSP, benefits and paid vacation
- Room for growth/advancement
How to Apply: Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter via email, fax (705-726-0103), in person (133 Welham Road, Barrie, ON) or online (careers.mvtransit.com). Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, MVT will only contact those applicants who have been shortlisted.
MVT is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal persons. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Individuals who need assistance in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31.77 /hour
- Mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
- Journeyman (310T) (Required)
- Trade Certificate (310T) (Required)