Wabash Mfg. Inc. seeks a positive, organized and decisive person to enthusiastically fill and take ownership of a full-time Procurement Specialist position at its location in Westlock, AB.
The ideal candidate will:
- Successfully have completed a post-secondary program in purchasing or supply chain management;
- Provide examples of on-going professional development in purchasing or related field;
- Have a MINIMUM of 5 years directly-related experiencein the Oil & Gas or Mining support equipment industry;
- Have strong knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle parts;
- Have knowledge and experience with MS Office and ERP management software;
- Be able to effectively communicate 100% in English using electronic, written and verbal methods;
- Have extremely accurate attention to detail as data-entry is a significant part of this position;
- Have experience in inventory control;
- Have excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
The successful candidate can expect to focus their time on:
- Collaborate daily with Project Managers to determine supply needs;
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications and project timelines;
- Proactively follow-up with suppliers and peers to minimize delays;
- Using self-motivation source alternate options for materials and delivery timelines;
- Coordinate with shipping/receiving to ensure items are received when expected;
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers;
- Keep detailed, accurate and up-to-date records of procurement activity, material quantity, specifications, etc.;
- Assist in forecasting to plan future orders
This position is best suited to someone who is a big believer in COMMUNICATION . To us, that means you give information freely to all parties involved AND you ask questions to ensure you have what you need to get your job done on time.
Wabash Mfg. Inc. offers competitive wages, Monday-Friday work week (no shift work), excellent RRSP matching program, TFSA, comprehensive health benefits package and other incentive programs.
All offers of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a company provided pre-employment physical & drug/alcohol exam.
Please include with your application, your resume, references, credentials and salary expectations. Please also highlight in your cover letter how you meet all required qualifications and complete the related skills assessment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 5 years (Required)