Fort McMurray (Fly In/Fly Out; 7 On/7 Off)
Job Code USA/CA:
Fort McMurray (Fly In/Fly Out; 7 On/7 Off)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Service Technicians provide inspections, preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed. Be available “on call” as part of service office rotation and provide after hours service, as required.
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general post repair audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer including a written “Safety Notification” of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer’s intentions to proceed with repairs and advise local service office of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customer’s signature and acceptance.
- Based on customer interest, generate sales leads during service calls and report to service office, following established guidelines.
- Read, understand and apply the contents of all CSA, OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
- Complete service reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner utilizing digital tools provided.
- Maintain regular communication with the service office and Planner, in accordance with established practices.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
- Utilizing company web tools, provide customer technical information and marketing material when required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Journeyman technical training in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or College and/or University in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred. Certificate of Qualification in relevant field is required.
Minimum one (1) year experience involving electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Some electronic experience is preferred but not necessary. Prior experience with cranes is a plus.
Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver’s license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer, be available for “on call” as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion.
Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. although not on a daily basis. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on a rare basis. This position requires frequent climbing, balancing, stooping/crouching, and overhead reaching. This position requires occasional pushing, pulling, kneeling, and crawling. This position will be inside approximately 90% of the time and outside approximately 10% of the time. This position will be frequently exposed to heat, cold, noise and heights.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category.